Managing Supervisor – Public Affairs, Detroit
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting, Managing Supervisor with a background in public/corporate affairs. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for a passionate PR practitioner to act as a strategic communications counselor and play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day logistics for servicing a Fortune 500 account.
Driven by great work, passionate about their city, and smart in their approach, FH Detroit is home to almost 40 of the area’s most talented communicators. Part of the global FH network of 80 offices, FH Detroit serves clients in the automotive, consumer goods, professional services and energy and utilities industries with fully integrated communications services including brand strategy and marketing, content and editorial development, executive positioning and reputation management, media relations and social and digital strategy and implementation. Located in the heart of downtown Detroit, this is a team that hustles harder, has fun and delivers award-winning, impactful work for some of the world’s leading brands.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Help drive the overall, strategic public affairs and communications activities for a global automotive client, managing media relations, external positioning and thought leadership campaigns.
- Develop integrated campaigns plans across media, grassroots, coalition, advertising and social channels.
- Produce written client materials ranging from press releases, talking points, FAQs, reactive statements, video scripts, executive remarks, blog posts, tweets, articles, etc.
- Serve as a representative on various partnership activities and alliances.
- Build, maintain and develop new/existing client relationships.
- Generate visibility opportunities and corporate communications strategies that embrace the clients’ strategy and positioning.
- Manage projects and timelines efficiently while balancing staff workload.
- Develop and manage budgets efficiently and with a commitment to delivering high value for clients.
- 7+ years of results-driven experience in managing, integrated public affairs campaigns that have an impact on client business.
- Skilled at applied strategic thinking; anticipating issues, trends, and connections, and translating those insights into actionable ideas for the client.
- Solid experience executing communications plans with the ability to draft and implement strategic communications programs within budget.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to solve problems and exercise excellent judgment with the ability to think 'outside of the box.'
- Professional, proactive and committed to high standards in the quality of the communications product.
- Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.