Account Supervisor - Sports Marketing & Communications, New York
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening for a Account Supervisor to join our dynamic consumer practice, focusing on sports marketing communications and lifestyle programs. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned communications professional with a background in and passion for sports, gaming, fashion and other lifestyle initiatives, to work with collaborative teams on sponsorship communications, creative ideation, media relations, brand building, business development and content creation on behalf of the world’s most iconic brands in sports.
This position would also join FH Sports, a team of more than 150 sports centric communications counselors in 40 offices across the world that help shape the dialogue for a roster of top global brands.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities
- Play a leading role in creating integrated communications programs and optimizing our clients’ investments in sports, celebrity/athlete endorsements and other brand activations
- Build media relations strategy and execute, with a team, for our clients across a variety of media verticals, including sports, men’s and women’s lifestyle, fashion, entertainment, gaming, local market, and more. Maintain and develop strong traditional and online media relationships, pitch sophisticated ideas
- Deliver creative communications ideas that help global clients breakthrough a cluttered sports landscape
- Help shape client stories and messages, with the goal of integrating clients into the broader news cycle and trending social conversations
- Be responsible for developing creative written materials that capture a consumer sports and lifestyle media audience and reflect an understanding of our clients’ business
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in developing and implementing integrated communications programs specifically related to major consumer brands and products.
- Experience in sports products, teams, leagues, governing bodies and/or sponsorship is a requirement. Agency experience preferred.
- Experience working with brands, sponsors, or clients associated with major global sports properties (Olympic Games, FIFA World Cup, NFL Super Bowl, major professional sports leagues) is a plus.
- Experience in any of the following is a plus: gaming, fashion, and/or entertainment.
- Background working with athletes and/or celebrity spokespeople and securing coverage of client messaging.
- Strong media relationships with tier 1 sports outlets across print, online and broadcast required, along with strong media strategy sensibilities.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business and deliver connective insight to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives.
- Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Solid team leadership experience is necessary, including management of local teams and distributed account teams.
- A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FH as an agency.
About FleishmanHillard New York
FH New York has built its reputation on creating customized, integrated solutions that deliver what our clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. No two companies face exactly the same challenges or opportunities, which is why we believe in carving out the right path for each client rather than reaching into the same bag of tricks. In our experience, the landscape changes too fast to rely on the “tried and tested.” That said, we do learn from experience. We’ve blazed trails for startups and Fortune 10 companies around the world, and each adventure has inspired us – inspired new ideas, new thinking, and new ways of working.
Here at FH New York, we seek early adopters, self-starters, beta testers. Energetic professionals with good instincts, an adventurous spirit and passion for collaboration. Our culture values talented, nimble, creative people who both are exemplary leaders and effective team players.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.