Managing Supervisor/Vice President - Sacramento
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening for a Managing Supervisor or Vice-President to join our dynamic Sacramento office. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for a communications professional to work in a fast-paced environment with a collaborative team on brand-building, media relations, event coordination and reputation management.
FleishmanHillard Sacramento has deep experience in and passion for agribusiness, food, nutrition, healthcare, and lifestyle communications.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day activities for our account teams, including working with senior members of the team to help oversee projects and clients, manage timelines, deliverables and budgets, and contribute to new business proposals and opportunities.
- Create a variety of content for a range of stakeholders and audiences. Help shape client stories and messages, with the goal of integrating our clients into the broader news cycle and trending social conversations. Deliverables will include plans, memos, research, written content, media materials, website and social media content, client correspondence, and collateral.
- Maintain and develop trade media relationships, particularly in the agribusiness, healthcare, and food and nutrition space. Pitch sophisticated ideas, and develop creative written materials that capture these audiences, and reflect an understanding of our clients’ business.
- Develop and execute various events from start to finish and have the ability to travel. Represent client confidently among various stakeholders and work with client teams at all levels including executive leadership.
- Act as a strategic counselor to account leads and clients
- 8-10+ years of experience gained in public relations, journalism or a similar field. Experience running campaigns for clients within agriculture/agribusiness, food production, and healthcare industries is a plus. Agency experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, working alongside and managing teams to execute public relations plans effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic communications programs within budget.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives. Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Candidate should have strong understanding of the media environment with the ability to create media strategy and drive coverage. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required, and contacts with agribusiness, food and nutrition, and healthcare reporters is preferred.
- Versatile, persuasive writing skills and experience developing high-quality written materials, including communications plans, client correspondence, and media communications.
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills, with a proven track record in traditional media relations and social media management.
- Proven experience planning and executing a variety of events, including vendor management.
- The ability to develop and generate support for strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of communication channels, including digital (e-mail, social media, blogs and intranet), print publications and brochures, executive memos, face-to-face meeting scripts/talking points, special events, video, and FAQs.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.