Media Relations Manager, Bangkok
Who we are:
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications agency specializing in digital, social, strategic integration, research & analytics, brand marketing, public affairs, media relations and reputation management. As a worldwide agency acknowledged for setting the standard of quality in its industry, FleishmanHillard encourages the pursuit of exciting careers in integrated communications.
The firm has built its reputation on using strategic communications to deliver what its clients value most: meaningful, positive, and measurable impact on the performance of its clients’ business. The firm is renowned for its collegial company culture founded on teamwork, integrity, creativity and personal commitment. FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) a leading global advertising and marketing communications services company.
FleishmanHillard established a presence in Asia Pacific in the early 1990s. Over the last few years the firm has grown exponentially with clients to become a leading regional network comprised of 19 wholly owned offices and three brands in 10 countries. Their top clients include an impressive roster of both global and Asian MNCs. FleishmanHillard has been honored with hundreds of industry accolades, including most recently PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Asia Pacific Network of the Year in 2014.
FleishmanHillard Bangkok has the fastest performance growth in the region and is committed to making additional investments for the media relations team to support the positive business momentum.
Responsibilities of position:
This highly visible position will entail proactively managing regional and local media outreach for our exciting portfolio of international and local multinational clients across several industries. This role will be largely hands-on and will require a talented media relations specialist to contribute to the tactical execution of media strategy by:
- Developing story angles, messages and other media materials
- Actively pitching the media
- Managing client crises and issues
- Arranging media briefings for company executives and providing support
- Acting as a spokesperson for the company
- Initiating and cultivating positive relationships with regional media
- Becoming well-versed and conversant in the commercial aspects of the client’s business
- In addition, the Media Relations Manager will be charged with building and maintaining strong relationships with key executive clients, and supporting their public presentations and communications with employees
- Five to seven years of media relations experience within an agency or corporate media relations setting
- Knowledge of regional/local Thai media and well-developed skills in building and maintaining media relationships with online reporters, journalists, bloggers, editors
- Hands on media approach ; Proven ability to develop general pitches
- Ability to tell complex stories in a consumer-friendly way
- Excellent writing and communication skills in Thai and English
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Self-starter, Results oriented , Personable
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FleishmanHillard combines local knowledge with the power and resources of a global network.
FleishmanHillard, a worldwide leader in public relations and strategic communications, continues to grow its dynamic, award-winning Asia Pacific presence. As an important part of this seamless network, FleishmanHillard in Thailand supports a wide range of organizations, from blue-chip multinationals looking for regional expansion to local companies seeking targeted growth. We are driven by the same goal that drives the agency worldwide: deliver results by combining local thinking with a powerful global network. So whether your communications needs revolve around financial services, technology, healthcare and consumer products or one of the many other areas we specialize in, we help set your business apart — in Thailand and abroad.