Media Relations Specialist, Raleigh
FleishmanHillard’s Media Group is looking for a creative, motivated, energetic, self-starting Media Relations Specialist to join our North Carolina office. This position provides the opportunity to work on media strategy resulting in high-quality placements and implementing public relations programs, events and story creation for multiple top-tier clients in the consumer, healthcare and technology industries. As a member of the national media team, the candidate will provide media relations support for high profile accounts across the FleishmanHillard network.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FleishmanHillard clients work with teams from more than one geographic location and across multiple practice offerings.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Provide proactive, seasoned client counsel and creative ideas for how to meet consumer marketing goals through communications.
- Develop strategies for national media – primarily products, services and compelling trend stories.
- Develop and execute high-quality media programs including product launches, events and experiences, SMTs, photoshoots, mailers and deskside tours and from conception to execution to placement.
- Identify, cultivate and manage VIP relationships with home, healthcare, lifestyle, food and technology media, including weekly touchpoints.
- Sustain a high-impact news engine, fueled by seasonal outreach, long lead editorial and opportunistic story ideas.
- Uncover trends and creative storytelling opportunities that leverage culturally-relevant moments.
- Leverage journalistic news sense to develop and edit high-quality written materials, including creative content, communications plans, thoughtful pitch narratives and expert advice.
- Collaborate with client team to define KPIs and evaluate the impact of public relations efforts on reputation, perception and traffic.
- Investigate emerging PR technologies and platforms to uncover opportunities for ongoing media relations innovation.
- Constantly mine for and share client and competitor activity to ensure FleishmanHillard delivers game-changing ideas and solutions.
- 3-6 years of experience implementing public relations and media programs, preferably in an agency setting. Experience supporting Fortune 500 global consumer brands is highly preferred.
- Ideal candidates should be natural ‘media hounds’ and master storytellers who love the thrill of the sell and who can craft compelling, culturally relevant story ideas that generate on-message coverage for clients.
- Depth of well-rounded media experience, with proven success working with a variety of top-tier consumer long-lead publications, short-lead digital lifestyle media and national broadcast media, including national morning shows. Candidates must exhibit a hands-on approach to outreach, relationship management and follow up.
- Understanding of product integration, media partnerships and sponsorship opportunities.
- Ability to execute integrated social media programs with national consumer media outreach, including product giveaways/contests.
- Strong capabilities in media relations, from strategy development to generating results.
- Ability to develop high quality written materials, including media correspondence and story angles; and illustrate strong presentation skills.
- Deep curiosity for emerging public relations technologies, tools and techniques that increase the performance and impact of media programs, including experience with tools such as Muck Rack, AirPR, Quora and techniques like digital newsrooms, link attribution and paid amplification.
- Ability to lead internal planning meetings and brainstorm sessions; exercise excellent judgment with the ability to think 'outside of the box.'
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver — gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home five Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at https://www.fleishmanhillard.com/ .
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.