Mid-Level, Sustainability & CSR Communications (VOX Global), Washington, D.C.
POSITION OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will be part of a VOX team supporting Fortune 500 companies in developing, communicating and executing sustainability and CSR programs. Tasks include development of sustainability and CSR programs, management and writing of corporate sustainability reports and developing and executing communications plans.
A successful candidate will have experience managing clients and/or multifaceted campaigns, have excellent interpersonal skills and possess strong writing and project management skills. The ideal candidate will also be familiar with digital communications and have traditional media relations and social media experience. A successful candidate will also have strong attention to detail and be a willing team player.
VOX Global believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- 6-8 years of experience in corporate sustainability reporting, program development and communications.
- Experience with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) framework and corporate sustainability ratings and rankings.
- Proven ability to develop and edit high quality written materials, including speeches/talking points, briefing papers, bylines, analytical pieces and press and educational materials for various media formats print, online and broadcast.
- Excellent writing and editing skills that reflect 1) an ability to clarify and simplify complicated issues and diverse subject matter, and 2) versatility in tone and technique depending on the author and/or audience.
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and production quality under constant deadline pressure.
- Ability to recommend, initiate work and projects with minimal direction.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and committed to going the extra mile for clients.
- Experience interfacing directly with clients in a fast paced environment.
- Strong project management skills are a must.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communication, political science or a related field or equivalent experience.
ABOUT VOX GLOBAL
VOX Global is a strategic communications firm that combines decades of experience with the private sector, government, political and nonprofit organizations to create customized programs that raise awareness, influence public opinion and move people to action.
Our strategic approach combines our deep understanding of public perception, influence, stakeholder engagement, media and research to help achieve our clients’ goals. For each project, we build a specialized team that will effectively tell our clients’ stories to the audiences they care about most.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, VOX’s 60+ professionals work in Sacramento, Dallas, Raleigh, Indianapolis, Boston and Nashville. VOX also boasts a national, bipartisan network of more than 400 political and public affairs professionals. Visit us at http://voxglobal.com/.