Operations Director, New York
FleishmanHillard is a leading global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing communications, social media and creative content. FH delivers on our unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard’s New York office has an immediate opening for an operations director to partner closely with the General Manager, group leads and key client leaders on improving and streamlining our current operational processes. As our business continues to become more and more dynamic, so do our needs to focus more attention on our internal systems as they relate to forecasting, scope development, staffing and resource management. While this role would initially only focus on New York, there is an opportunity to do similar work across additional offices.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Act as a key partner to office leadership, finance and talent development in bringing rigor and accuracy to our financial processes and staffing priorities and needs.
- Lead forecast, WIP and other finance related meetings managing up to the General Manager
- Support client leads in managing account health, staffing, write-offs, SOW development – and flagging write-offs and overservice with suggested solutions
- Partner with financial liaison on the day-to-day management of forecasting and staffing – act as more singular point of contact within the office to increase efficiency and faster communication of information
- Collaborate with talent development on prioritizing and recommending hires based on business needs in individual and network offices
- Work closely with agency talent connector and other operations directors to surface capacity, identify talent solutions within the network and ensure hiring takes place only when appropriate capacity doesn’t exist.
- Partner with GMs across offices for the successful onboarding of large client wins including identifying appropriate staffing and talent solutions
- Manage relationships and escalation on infrastructure issues including real estate, technology and facilities
- 10+ years of related operations experience – ideally in an agency environment
- Strong understanding of agency financial operations; SOWS, forecasting and resource allocation
- A natural relationship builder across groups including client service, finance and talent development as well as geographies
- A self-starter, problem solver and fixer – able to pivot quickly to solve the most pressing issues as they arise
- Confident presentor of financial information and able to articulate a point of view grounded in historical trends and patterns
- Ability to serve as proxy for the General Manager and client leaders in managing forecasting calls, updates and shifts
- A details person, someone who can digest large amounts of information and pull out key pieces to drive decision making
- Experience making hiring recommendations based on business needs and aligning process to recruitment timing
- A culture contributor – someone who views office events, team building and mentorship as key drivers of job satisfaction
About FleishmanHillard New York
FH New York has built its reputation on creating customized, integrated solutions that deliver what our clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. No two companies face exactly the same challenges or opportunities, which is why we believe in carving out the right path for each client rather than reaching into the same bag of tricks. In our experience, the landscape changes too fast to rely on the “tried and tested.” That said, we do learn from experience. We’ve blazed trails for startups and Fortune 10 companies around the world, and each adventure has inspired us – inspired new ideas, new thinking, and new ways of working.
Here at FH New York, we seek early adopters, self-starters, beta testers. Energetic professionals with good instincts, an adventurous spirit and passion for collaboration. Our culture values talented, nimble, creative people who both are exemplary leaders and effective team players.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.