Operations Manager, London
Position Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for an enthusiastic and efficient Operations Manager to support our growing London office (currently home to 250+ people). As Operations lead you will manage the day to day needs of the business to ensure the office runs seamlessly. Every detail will need to be accounted for to ensure a superior working environment for our staff and a first-class experience for our clients.
Key responsibilities include…
- First impressions - embody the philosophy of being a “Director of First Impressions” ensuring key guests and new starters receive a first-class experience as soon as they walk through the door
- Operational excellence - adopting a strategic and solutions orientated approach to driving operational excellence for the agency, including working with senior management to devise and execute a 2019 Operational Excellence Plan
- Manage the day to day running of the office, maintaining a great work environment for our staff
- Act as primary liaison with building services and the catering team to ensure the office and facilities are maintained in excellent working order
- In collaboration with our IT support services and regional IT Director, facilitate best in class IT practices
- Inductions - working with the Operations Assistant, induct all new joiners during their first week with a weekly operations presentation, office walk around and staff introductions
- Business Continuity Planning - work with the Deputy CEO to support BCP requirements and organise evacuations for emergency evacuations or fire alerts
- Coordinate the efficient planning and execution of all building refurbishment, office/desk moves and reorganisations to ensure best use is made of the office space
- Coordinate DSE work station assessments and manage repairs to the building and kitchen equipment via building services or external suppliers as applicable
- Effective cost management of all operational costs, working effectively with the broader admin team to continue with a self-service approach and improve overall admin efficiency
- Line management and professional development of the Operations Assistant to ensure added value support for the business
- Provide support when needed for FHF client events and staff entertainment
We want to hear from you if you…
- Have prior experience working in a similar role within a serviced building environment is desirable
- Are a dedicated and adaptable team player who works well under pressure with a can-do positive attitude
- Possess strong organisational skills and attention to detail, demonstrating an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Have strong financial acumen, combined with an ability to manage budgets and identify operational cost savings, improvements and efficiencies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate and influence senior managers
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of IT infrastructure and can work with our IT building support to ensure smooth running of IT related issues
- Strong proficiency in Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Familiarity with Office365 a bonus
If this sounds like you we'd love to discuss further!
To find out more about us visit https://fhflondon.co.uk/careers/
We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
We are one of the world’s largest international communications consultancies with more than 2,500 employees in over 80+ offices around the globe. FH was founded over 65 years ago and has since established a strong reputation for delivering meaningful, positive and measurable impact for clients. We are widely recognised for exceptional service and quality standards as well as our long-term relationships with clients.
Our London office is the second largest office in the global network, defined by a series of practice groups – Corporate Communications, Public Affairs, Corporate Reporting, Brand Marketing, Digital & Social, Insights & Planning, and Brand, Content & Design – combined with expertise in industry sectors such as energy, technology, healthcare, travel and tourism, food & drink, sports, FMCG, financial & professional services.
We have a strong and talented team, a solid client base of Fortune 500 and FTSE listed companies. And, while we’re part of a successful global group, we have developed a ‘start-up’ mentality of bravery and entrepreneurialism, rooted in business-changing ideas.
Awards – just some or our awards include – Top 50 Companies for Executive Women 2010-2016 | NAFE, Gold for Best Use of Social Media Measurement, 2016 | AMEC Awards, Silver for Best Strategic / Creative Development of a New Brand, 2016 | Transform Awards Europe. International Consultancy of the Year, Global Agency of the Year and Large Agency of the Year in 2014 by PR Week, as well as European Consultancy of the Year for the second year running by the Holmes Report. We have also been named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity.
We are part of the Omnicom Group (NYSE:OMC), the leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development or to a supervisor.
Any reported incident will be investigated. Retaliation against an employee or applicant who makes a good-faith claim of discrimination is prohibited. Employees and applicants may bring good-faith complaints, ask questions, and raise concerns without fear of reprisal or retaliation.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.