Junior Motion Graphics Designer, San Francisco
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard's Social & Innovation team, the digital media arm of a world-class global communications firm, is seeking a versatile and talented Junior Motion Graphics Designer to join the growing team of marketing, communications and digital professionals in San Francisco. We are seeking a detail-oriented individual to support our creative vision for producing exceptional graphic and video design for our clients. We are looking for detail-oriented visual storyteller who is able to manage their time and is confident in their ability to bring important projects across the finish line. This position requires a design eye and motion graphics capabilities and will be crucial to the success of our creative team and company’s reputation.
We are looking for a self-starter who can concept, create and edit solo. We’re not just looking for technical expertise, we want someone who will offer creative thinking and innovative approaches to each project and deliver ideas and solutions that make each assignment the best it can be. Our new designer will work with the Video Producer and Art Director, shepherding projects through the production process, and meeting deadlines along the way.
- Develop original design concepts and materials for multiple projects across multiple clients, often simultaneously
- Work collaboratively with the creative and account teams to produce creative materials for clients including the development of print materials, social media content, motion graphic videos, animated GIF’s, presentations, etc.
- Own and produce motion graphics video projects from concept and storyboarding through design and post-production
- Work with the Art Director and Video Producer to bring design concepts and videos to completion on time and on budget
- Oversee quality control for all design and motion graphics work
- Manage image resizing and copy edits in the appropriate design applications
- 2-4 of experience in motion graphics concepting/editing/production environment
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in design, video/audio production, or related multimedia
- A deep understanding of fundamental design skills, with a strong sense of color, topography, iconography and design composition
- Advanced knowledge of Final Cut Pro and After Effects, along with a strong knowledge of media post-production
- Proficient in the entire Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in editing and packaging video content that tells a compelling story
- Familiarity with the types of content and videos that are effective in online and social media channels (Twitter YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, blogs, etc.)
- An ability to juggle a wide variety of projects and work with varying production styles
- Superior client service skills and the ability to function well within a team environment
- Availability to work occasional evenings/weekends if necessary to meet a deadline
To be successful, the candidate must have an outstanding track record in supporting and delivering quality work, be a team player and demonstrate the ability to get the job done. A sense of humor is key. Interested candidates should be outgoing, well-spoken and well-informed and possess a strong sense of confidence and common sense. Candidates should demonstrate a serious interest in and awareness of creative, social media and advertising trends, best practices and technologies.
This job description is asking for a lot. If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your resume along with a creative portfolio spelling out your role in each project. presentations,
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.