Public Affairs Senior Account Executive (VOX Global), Washington, D.C.
POSITION OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES
VOX Global, a strategic communications firm, is seeking a Senior Account Executive to join its team of professionals in developing and executing reputation and issue advocacy campaigns for Fortune 500 companies, trade associations and nonprofit organizations. This role includes media relations, stakeholder outreach and materials development. Writing, project management, and client interaction are core to this position.
A successful candidate will have strong project management and writing skills, an attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and a willingness to be a team player focused on excellence.
- Developing high-quality content including media materials (pitches, advisories, releases, etc.), digital and social media content, policy briefs, talking points, op-eds, one pagers, and other written materials
- Monitoring developments on issues and media related to client programs, and providing counsel on and analysis of those developments to clients and colleagues
- Outreach to media and influencers on behalf of clients
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients and colleagues
- Support project management, including project trackers, budget trackers and activity reports for client
- Oversee intern work on various projects as needed
- 2-4 years of experience working in public affairs, public relations, the media and/or electoral politics with an emphasis on communications.
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and production quality under constant changes and deadline pressure
- Experience managing projects, especially projects with multi-faceted communications components and working directly with clients
- Experience with local, regional and national media pitching and placement, as well as experience with media monitoring and analysis
- Experience with paid/sponsored content – including content development and managing events with media partners is a plus
- Excellent writing and editing skills that reflect 1) an ability to clarify and simplify complicated issues and diverse subject matter, and 2) versatility in tone and technique depending on the author and/or audience. (Knowledge of AP style is a must).
- Experience developing social media content and understanding of social media tracking and analysis platforms
- Ability to quickly develop expertise in new and different issue areas as client needs change and evolve
- Ability to recommend, initiate work and projects with minimal direction
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and committed to going the extra mile for clients
- Experience interfacing directly with clients using appropriate verbal and written communications skills
- Attention to detail, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Headquartered in Washington, D.C. and with offices around the country, VOX Global uses a wide variety of communications skills to deliver messaging that resonates with our clients’ target audiences. VOX Global is part the Omnicom strategic communications network and we are committed to personal growth through professional development. For more information, visit www.voxglobal.com.
VOX Global is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V.