Public Affairs Vice President (VOX Global), Dallas
Position Overview and Responsibilities
VOX Global, a strategic communications firm, is hiring a hands-on, self-starting senior public affairs strategist. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for a passionate, proactive communications professional to manage campaigns and grow business in our Dallas office.
The ideal candidate is as comfortable leading teams and strategy as doing the work. They will support the development of strategy, content development and program execution with a collaborative team across a range of clients. They will be instrumental in generating new business opportunities in Texas and nationally.
The ideal candidate can successfully integrate the various client areas in which we work, including executive support, media relations, social media, grassroots, employee communication, stakeholder engagement, among other areas.
VOX Global believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Serves as a primary point of contact for high level issues, concerns and requests.
- Drive campaigns from analyzing audience research, developing insights, design creative strategy, identify new approaches to reach those audiences, and lead the execution of the campaign.
- Maintain and develop strong traditional and media relationships, pitch sophisticated ideas, and be responsible for developing communications that capture the voice of our clients.
- Responsible for identifying, pursuing and winning new business.
- Manages staff within a small, but highly engaged team.
- Identifies and introduces new ideas, capabilities and opportunities to grow existing accounts.
- Draft VOX point of view documents regarding emerging trends; participate in internal and external training and webinars.
- Identify, cultivate and manage high-level relationships with industry experts, platform representatives and influencers.
- 10+ years of demonstrably significant and successful experience in creating and leading impactful, comprehensive integrated public affairs, political or marketing campaigns. Experience interfacing directly with clients in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to develop and edit high quality written materials, including speeches/talking points, briefing papers, bylines, analytical pieces and press and educational materials for various media formats print, online and broadcast.
- Ability to engage with and counsel c-suite level decision-makers across the client’s business, and deliver connective insight to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives.
- Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to work as a part of a team in the development of client and new business programs and presentations. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of VOX Global.
- Solid team leadership experience is necessary, including management of local teams and distributed account teams. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office.
- Strong strategic thinker, with an ability to lead the development of programs for clients and the office that are distinctive, relevant, creative, and measurable.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, draw conclusions, make recommendations, establish reasonable timelines and areas of responsibility, anticipate costs, and identify measures of success.
- Excellent writing abilities with experience with executive (C-Suite), corporate (B2B) and consumer communications.
- Experience managing accounts for effectiveness and profitability, including establishing meaningful metrics and scorecards for gauging program effectiveness, and overseeing the development and management of budgets, team structure and client reporting.
- Demonstrated expertise in storytelling including overseeing development of digital creative, and production of content for both organic and paid distribution.
- Strong communication and public affairs background.
- Energetic self-starter and resourceful problem solver gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
About VOX Global
VOX Global is a bi-partisan public affairs firm that uses cutting-edge techniques to run intense and agile issue advocacy campaigns, produce award-winning websites, videos and promotional materials for some of the most well-known companies and organizations in the world.
We offer clients a multi-faceted approach to digital advertising, motion graphics, UX/UI design, branding and public relations that leverages the leading techniques and creativity found of the industry with a bent towards successful content development and deployment.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.