Content Director, Dallas
FleishmanHillard Dallas has an immediate opening for a talented content director and publishing lead for a corporate online newsroom. We are seeking a detail-oriented individual with a keen news and design eye to manage content efforts for a large global brand, supporting our vision for delivering exceptional and creative content for this client.
Part content strategist, news director, operations leader, and manager, our new team member will lead and oversee a team that is charged with publishing daily content to an online corporate newsroom. We seek someone who will work collaboratively as part of integrated communications teams to ensure the highest-quality work during all phases of production, while meeting budget and deadline parameters along the way. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with Adobe’s post-production suite of publishing software. The Publishing and Operations Lead will coordinate written and visual content across multiple subjects; manage a team that publishes the content; oversee SEO and analytics efforts to amplify and measure the impact of the content; and work directly with the client on a daily basis to meeting newsroom publishing needs and other requests.
FleishmanHillard Dallas offers a fast-paced environment that encourages personal and professional growth and the opportunity have a panoramic view of Dallas (34 floors up, to be exact). We work on projects ranging in size from regional to global in scope for some resume-bolstering brands. Our team, armed with technical excellence and exceptional client service, delivers communications that advance our clients’ brands.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings.
We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefits our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Provide content strategy and direction and oversee the publishing of written and visual content assets on the online corporate newsroom for a large global brand.
- Provide hands-on support in all phases of publishing content, from overseeing and gathering the written and visual assets to making decisions on what content to feature where. This individual will work closely with creative, video, and PR teams to create and collect the content assets for publishing.
- Oversee the use of SEO to amplify the newsroom content within internet searches.
- Oversee the use of analytics to identify content insights and measure the performance of published content.
- Manage a team of individuals who oversee the daily publishing of content on the online newsroom.
- Collaborate with clients, account managers, and other strategists to bring creative perspectives and recommendations to large-scale integrated campaigns.
- Ensure that all content is of the highest quality and that the client’s brand identity is consistently maintained across all work.
- Work in a fast-paced and quickly-changing environment that can both be exhilarating and challenging.
- 7-9 years of experience producing and delivering in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience leading, managing, coaching, and motivating teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing communications, digital communications, or related field.
- Ability to advise and counsel team members and provide direction, contributing to strategic, effective, higher-level work.
- An ability to juggle a wide variety of projects and work with demanding client expectations and deadlines.
- Superior client service skills and the ability to function well within a team environment; ability to multi-task and prioritize ruthlessly.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as headline-writing skills.
- Experience in editing and packaging content that tells a compelling story.
- Familiar with the types of content that are effective in online and social media channels (blogs, Facebook, etc.).
- A detailed understanding of the best web practices – i.e., design optimization, usability, and functionality.
- Solid understanding of web technologies, including browsers, platforms, and devices.
- The demeanor and maturity to work well with C-level executives at a Fortune 15 technology company.
- The ability to tell stories with keen artistic sense and emotional appeal and respond quickly to unexpected demands and turn a story around quickly from start to finish.
- A desire to work hard and play hard.
To be successful, the candidate must have an outstanding track record in supporting and delivering quality work for clients, be a team player and a motivator, and demonstrate the ability to get the job done. A sense of humor is key. Interested candidates should be an outgoing, well-spoken, well-informed person with confidence and common sense. You’ll need a serious interest and awareness of trends, best practices, technology, and business applications on the internet and within FleishmanHillard.
This job description is asking for a lot. If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your resume.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com .
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V.