Research Intern, Chicago
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard is seeking an intern with an interest in research and strategy to join its TRUE Global Intelligence team at its office in Chicago. Our team of analysts provides below-the-surface analytics, measurement, and insights discovery capabilities to help companies accomplish their business objectives. Furthermore, we assess audiences, channels and content – and the interplay among them – to arrive at the most actionable strategy.
Some of our clients include AT&T, Aflac, Enterprise Holdings and Gatorade. We’ve also done work for clients like GM, Emerson, Energizer and countless others.
- Monitoring digital news stories
- Conducting secondary research via Google, research databases and other sources
- Assisting with qualitative and/or quantitative primary research projects, such as analyzing survey data, taking notes during focus groups/in-depth interviews, analyzing qualitative data and writing research reports
- Assist with media analysis projects by creating charts in Excel and developing insights to explain key findings
- Delivering multiple assignments on deadline
Interested candidates must attach the following items to their online application upon submission:
- Cover letter expressing interest in the internship program
- Writing samples (three if possible): Examples include something written for a classroom assignment or previous internship that demonstrates strong analytical and critical thinking skills, such as a research paper
- Letter of recommendation from a former teacher, employer, or personal reference (teacher or employer are preferred)
- Transcript (can be unofficial)
Deadline for submission: December 31, 2018
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Academic coursework or professional experience in primary research (qualitative, quantitative or both)
- Academic coursework or professional experience in secondary research, such as literature reviews, research papers and media summaries
- Innate curiosity to learn more and dig deeper
- Strong analytical and writing skills, with the ability to condense and summarize research data into meaningful findings
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Collaborative team player able to integrate with a diverse team
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
The internship is a paid, full-time position requiring a commitment of at least three months.
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency. FleishmanHillard was named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 80 offices in 29 countries, plus affiliates in 42 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.