Research Intern TRUE Global Intelligence, New York City
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
FleishmanHillard is seeking an intern with an interest in research and strategy to join its TRUE Global Intelligence team at its office in New York City. Our team of analysts provides below-the-surface analytics, measurement, and insights discovery capabilities to help companies accomplish their business objectives. Furthermore, we assess audiences, channels and content – and the interplay among them – to arrive at the most actionable strategy.
- Monitoring digital news stories
- Conducting secondary research via Google, research databases and other sources
- Assisting with qualitative and/or quantitative primary research projects, such as analyzing survey data, taking notes during focus groups/in-depth interviews, analyzing qualitative data and writing research reports
- Assist with media analysis projects by creating charts in Excel and developing insights to explain key findings
- Delivering multiple assignments on deadline
Interested candidates must attach the following items to their online application upon submission:
- Cover letter expressing interest in the internship program
- Writing samples (three if possible): Examples include something written for a classroom assignment or previous internship that demonstrates strong analytical and critical thinking skills, such as a research paper
- Letter of recommendation from a former teacher, employer, or personal reference (teacher or employer are preferred)
- Transcript (can be unofficial)
Deadline for submission: June 15, 2019
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Academic coursework or professional experience in primary research (qualitative, quantitative or both)
- Academic coursework or professional experience in secondary research, such as literature reviews, research papers and media summaries
- Innate curiosity to learn more and dig deeper
- Strong analytical and writing skills, with the ability to condense and summarize research data into meaningful findings
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Collaborative team player able to integrate with a diverse team
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
The internship is a paid, full-time position requiring a commitment of at least three months.
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency. FleishmanHillard was named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 80 offices in 29 countries, plus affiliates in 42 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
Diversified Agency Services (DAS), a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE:OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), manages Omnicom’s holdings in a variety of marketing communications disciplines. DAS includes over 200 companies, which operate through a combination of networks and regional organizations, serving international and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
Omnicom Group Inc. (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.