Position Overview and Responsibilities
The Chicago office of FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting, Senior Account Executive or Account Supervisor with a passion for implementing integrated programs to join our Corporate Communications/Reputation practice. This is an exciting career opportunity for an experienced public relations counselor to work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams on corporate communications, reputation management, crisis, corporate positioning and high-level media relations.
The Account Supervisor plays a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day logistics for the account team. Responsibilities include working with senior members of the team to create budgets, managing client programs and pursuing new business by contributing to proposals. This role will focus on developing and executing communications programs with an emphasis on social media, reputation, brand building, marketing, executive visibility and thought leadership programs.
At FH Chicago, we work hard, have fun, do good, and win awards. From our vantage point 23 floors above Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, our creative, collaborative, diverse, “what-if” culture sets the stage for delivering game-changing work for our clients, which include some of the world’s most well-known brands in the food and beverage, financial and professional services, and healthcare industries. Our team is excited and proud to work with these household names every day, delivering expertise in all aspects of corporate communications and consumer brand marketing — from media and influencer relations to crisis and issues management and everything in between.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Provide day-to-day account leadership and strategic counsel to clients on corporate positioning and messaging, integrated marketing communications, business-to-business communications and crisis/issues management.
- Work within a collaborative team on corporate positioning and reputation, issues management, crisis situations, executive visibility, internal communications and CSR programs.
- High-level media relations. Building and maintaining strong relationships with reporters, editors and bloggers to build visibility for client news and subject matter experts.
- Development of strategic plans, messaging, media materials and digital/social content.
- Coordinate with the FH global network to develop and implement communication plans across a variety of sectors.
- Manage multiple client contact relationships and deliver according to individual contact needs.
- Project management and oversight of the work of teams, including mentoring of junior team members.
- Participate in new business pitches.
- Minimum of six years of corporate communications experience specifically related to corporate reputation management and media relations strategy. Previous agency experience is preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing abilities with experience in all forms of persuasive, corporate and executive communication, including news releases, executive talking points and Q&A preparation.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing corporate public relations and consumer media strategic plans, and confidence in presenting them effectively and persuasively to current and prospective clients.
- Proficiency in social media and experience in developing and implementing integrated strategies via content and channel management.
- Strong media relations experience with proven program results and success in building relationships with national business and consumer media.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to work as a part of a team in the development of client programs and new business pitches.
- Results-focused approach and committed to going the extra mile for clients.
- A high level of energy, excitement and enthusiasm, as well as vision and creative problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Additional proficiencies required include excellent interpersonal skills, solid news and issues judgment, PowerPoint and Excel skills and an understanding of how organizations work.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com .
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V.