Senior Account Executive, Corporate/Technology/Financial, Hong Kong
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The Hong Kong office is on the lookout for a forward-thinking Senior Account Executive to join our dynamic Corporate PR practice. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for a communications specialist with strong media and social content skills to grow and work closely with energetic senior management on iconic global brands.
Candidate will work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams; support our corporate/financial services and technology clients on integrated programs encompassing corporate positioning and reputation, high-level media and analyst relations, social media, executive communications, issues management, and employee communications.
What will you do?
- The ideal candidate will work with senior members of the corporate team to manage and execute integrated communications programs that embrace all areas of communications for clients, including event management, corporate reputation, executive profiling, social media management, and crisis/issues management.
- Work closely with trade, business, local and international media to shape and control communications that are in line with overall client and account objectives.
- Assist in handling many of the day-to-day deliverables for the corporate practice’s account teams, including content creation and project and account management.
- Work with senior team members to assist with client management, meeting deadline and budget expectations.
- Develop and edit high-quality written materials, including press releases; pitch letters, background materials, planning documents, and executive communications.
What you will need:
- Minimum of 2-4 years of PR experience in developing and implementing communications programs, with an emphasis on public relations work across corporate, technology or financial services industry.
- Bilingual in Cantonese and English, Mandarin an asset.
- Excellent writing abilities (both English and Chinese) with extensive experience in all forms of corporate and executive communication, from business media news releases to executive talking points.
- Media relations and project management experience.
- Strong knowledge of local business, financial, or technology and vertical trade media, and well-developed-skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Be results-oriented, strong writing, strong organization and acute attention to detail.
- Broad business understanding, strong analytical abilities and critical, creative thinking.
- Candidate should have the ability to engage off- and online audiences, and tell complex stories in an easily digestible way.
- The ability to develop and generate support for strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of communication channels, including digital (e-mail, social media, blogs and intranet), print publications and brochures, executive memos, face-to-face meeting scripts/talking points, special events, video, and FAQs.
- Experience with new digital media and social networking tactics and program development. Strong understanding of communities, monitoring, social networking, viral marketing and online community relations.
- A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients.
- Experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track.
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
What you’ll receive
- A progressive and fun environment to propel your career in integrated communications to a new level
- Be part of an international network which has a strong coaching and collaboration culture
- Competitive remuneration and attractive benefits
- Endless training and professional development opportunities to build your passion for innovation and creative thinking, relentless drive to deliver tangible business results through a combination of technology, data analytics, social media, and communications
If you are ready for your next challenging role in strategic communications and PR, we want to hear from you.