Senior Account Executive - Consumer Brand Marketing, San Francisco
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening in our San Francisco office for a Senior Account Executive to join our dynamic consumer practice. We’re seeking a PR professional with a background in and a passion for consumer product and lifestyle communications to work with collaborative teams on integrated programs encompassing both media and influencer relations, consumer product communications, brand messaging, social media, and more.
As one of the largest full-service agencies in the bay area, FleishmanHillard San Francisco practice groups include Consumer Brand Marketing, Corporate Reputation and Social Responsibility, Healthcare, Technology, and Social + Innovation. Clients include Fitbit, GoPro, EA, GM, Genentech, Kaiser Permanente, Bayer, Plantronics, Levi Strauss & Co, and many more.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Develop and execute strategies for national consumer media for primarily products, services and compelling trend stories. Must have strong relations with consumer lifestyle and/or consumer technology media.
- Assist in the execution of high-quality product launches and media programs from conception to execution to placement.
- Work with senior members of the consumer team to manage and execute integrated communications programs that embrace all areas of communications including product PR, branding, social media management, crisis/issues management, and media relations
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day deliverables for the consumer practice’s account teams, including content creation and oversight as well as project and account management.
- Drive story idea development and work closely with media to shape and control communications that are in line with overall account objectives.
- Work with integrated teams to provide clients with seamless multi-channel solutions utilizing traditional PR, digital and social media platforms to deliver maximum performance and results.
- Develop high-quality written materials, including press releases; pitch letters, background materials, planning documents, and executive communications.
- 3-5 years of experience in developing and implementing communications programs, with an emphasis on public relations work for large consumer product and lifestyle clients. Agency experience is preferred.
- Depth of well-rounded experience in the consumer practice area, with proven success working with a variety of top-tier consumer long-lead publications, short-lead consumer media and national broadcast media, including national morning shows. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Understanding of product integration, media partnerships and sponsorship opportunities.
- Experience managing and coordinating projects with multiple work streams, including managing more junior team members, both directly and indirectly.
- Excellent writing abilities with extensive experience developing and editing high quality written materials, including media correspondence and story angles; and illustrating strong presentation skills.
- The ability to develop and generate support for strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of communication channels, including digital (e-mail, social media, blogs and intranet), print publications and brochures, executive memos, face-to-face meeting scripts/talking points, special events, video, and FAQs.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Culture hound who is an avid consumer of media (television, film, magazines, books, social media) and is quite naturally up on the latest trends. Personal interest in fitness, outdoors and/or sports a plus.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.