Senior Account Executive (Food & Nutrition) Chicago
FleishmanHillard Chicago has an immediate opportunity for a communications specialist with extensive experience in media relations, influencer marketing and consumer programs for major brands, preferably (but not limited to) food and nutrition clients. The Senior Account Executive will play a lead role in developing programs, managing day-to-day account activities and creating earned, digital and social media campaigns. The SAE will work across multiple accounts and also play a pivotal role in business development.
- Managing the day-to-day logistics for key clients in the food and nutrition/consumer practice.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of media, influencer and social/digital strategies.
- High profile media pitching.
- Leading the execution of specific programs within large accounts.
- High quality writing for press releases, plan/proposal development, and content.
- Collaborating across practice and expertise areas to bring best thinking to clients.
- Developing and managing budgets, staffing, and administrative account needs.
- Researching, planning, and executing events.
- Identifying and working with key influencers and influencer networks.
- Doing research and gathering insights relative to programs and new business.
- Developing client relationships.
- Monitoring and reporting on regular basis.
- 3-5 years of experience in public relations, journalism or a similar field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in strategic communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or a related field.
- Experience in food/nutrition and understanding of nutrition and food practices and issues, as well as knowledge of consumer communications highly preferred.
- Versatile, persuasive writing skills and experience developing high-quality written materials, including communications plans, client correspondence, plan and program development and media communications
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and executing results-oriented communications programs and providing high-quality service to demanding clients.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to interact with clients on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to incorporate social and digital media into integrated communications strategies.
- Ability to develop and manage project timelines and corresponding project budgets.
- Proactive communication and problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to change priorities against changing client and team needs.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.