Senior Account Executive - Healthcare, Chicago
FleishmanHillard’s Chicago office has an immediate opening for a Senior Account Executive with a strong healthcare and media background to join our healthcare and pharma sector. This position provides the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with a collaborative team on high-level creative program development, social media/digital strategy, influencer marketing, brand building, media relations and crisis management.
Primary responsibilities for the Senior Account Executive include handling many of the day-to-day activities for the healthcare practice’s account teams, including working with senior members of the team to help oversee projects and provide client counsel. Candidate will be expected to balance workload, develop and manage budgets, and be involved in strategic planning. In addition, candidate will be involved in regular account planning meetings and new business presentations.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day activities for the healthcare practice’s account teams, including working with senior members of the team to help oversee projects and provide client counsel.
- Develop relationships and coordinate correspondence with external audiences: third-party organizations, healthcare professionals, media, etc.
- Play key role in account activities including special events, media relations, program implementation, etc.
- Be flexible and facilitate teamwork within account team; coordinate team resources and create opportunities for junior staff to take on more responsibility; fully utilize agency resources to create the "best teams" for your clients.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively develop full range of written materials including press releases, byline articles, speeches, client correspondence and reports.
- Develop and monitor program plans and budgets for profitability; report status to client and agency management on a regular basis.
- Explore and create opportunities for incremental business growth within your clients’ organizations.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Category experience with pharmaceutical clients.
- Experience driving large projects from beginning to end.
- Ability to collect and implement feedback from various parties (even amidst challenging circumstances).
- Experience liaising with creative team/design, internal team and client.
- Experience communicating directly with client.
- Interest in research/analysis; excels at pulling together findings in succinct report.
- Strong writing; experience across various types (press releases, PR materials, analytical, social media).
- Knowledge of healthcare/consumer health/trade media as well as familiar with healthcare social media/stipulations.
- Experience pitching a variety of media including national, local, trade.
- Enjoys brainstorming and strategic planning.
- Ability to delegate; knows when to seek input and help from others.
- Creative; likes to build PPT slides and materials.
- A thirst for knowledge, interest and desire to work in the ever-changing world of healthcare.
- Skilled at applied strategic thinking; anticipating issues, trends, and connections, and translating those insights into actionable ideas for the client.
- Experience with FDA approval process and milestones is a plus.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development or to a supervisor.
Any reported incident will be investigated. Retaliation against an employee or applicant who makes a good-faith claim of discrimination is prohibited. Employees and applicants may bring good-faith complaints, ask questions, and raise concerns without fear of reprisal or retaliation.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.