Senior Account Executive - Healthcare, New York
FleishmanHillard is a leading global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing communications, social media, digital and creative content. We are driven every day by an irresistible urge to do more for our clients and to consistently develop bold work that creates value and changes conversations. We deliver on our unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
We have a strong culture that resonates around the world, but we’re also flexible and unique. Our expansive client roster, a “real” global network and opportunities to work with our sister companies as part of Omnicom Public Relations Group add up to an endless list of possibilities. These are just a few of the reasons why FleishmanHillard is repeatedly named a “Best Place to Work” by The National Association for Female Executives (NAFE), Human Rights Campaign (HRC) and PRovoke Media.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening in our New York office for a Senior Account Executive (SAE) to join our dynamic healthcare practice. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for an integrated communications professional to work in a fast-paced environment with a collaborative team on high-level creative program development, social media/digital strategy, influencer marketing, brand building, media relations and crisis management.
FH New York has built its reputation on creating customized, integrated solutions that deliver what our clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations meeting their specific challenges or opportunities. Our culture values talented, nimble, creative people who both are exemplary leaders and effective team players.
This team member will play a pivotal role in the day-to-day activities for the healthcare practice’s account teams, including working with senior members of the team to help oversee projects and provide client counsel. The SAE will be expected to balance workload, develop and manage budgets, and be involved in strategic planning. In addition, the SAE will be involved in regular account planning meetings and potentially new business presentations.
- Develop relationships and coordinate communications across external audiences: third-party organizations, healthcare professionals, social influencers, patient advocates, media, etc.
- Assist in handling many of the day-to-day activities for the healthcare team, including working with senior members of the team to help coordinate projects and clients, and manage timelines, deliverables and budgets.
- Play key role in leading account activities including special events, media relations, program implementation, etc.
- Be flexible and facilitate teamwork within account teams.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively develop full range of written materials including client correspondence, press materials, social content, reports, etc.
- Develop and monitor program plans and budgets for profitability; report status to team and management on a regular basis.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships that could lead to incremental business growth.
- Minimum 2 years of healthcare communications experience. Agency experience is a plus.
- Experience communication directly with client and driving large projects from beginning to end.
- Ability to collect and implement feedback from various parties and navigate challenging circumstances.
- Experience liaising with across agency partners and teams, such as creative team/design, internal team and clients.
- Keen interest in research/analysis; ability to pull together findings, results, learnings, etc. in succinct reports that can be shared with clients and across business stakeholders.
- Excellent writing skills with experience developing a variety of materials, such as strategic communications plans, press releases, other PR/communications materials, social media content, etc.
- Proven understanding of the healthcare media landscape (trade, national, consumer, business outlets) and social media/digital regulations and requirements.
- Maintain and develop strong traditional and online media relationships, pitch ideas, and develop materials that that are in line with overall account objectives and reflect an understanding of our clients’ business.
- Enjoy brainstorming, strategic planning and collaboration; creative and ability to pull through ideas into slides and materials for clients.
- Ability to delegate and understanding of when to seek input and help from others.
- A thirst for knowledge, interest and desire to work in the ever-changing world of healthcare and communications.
- Skilled at applied strategic thinking; anticipating issues, trends, and connections, and translating those insights into actionable ideas for clients and our healthcare team.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development or to a supervisor.
Any reported incident will be investigated. Retaliation against an employee or applicant who makes a good-faith claim of discrimination is prohibited. Employees and applicants may bring good-faith complaints, ask questions, and raise concerns without fear of reprisal or retaliation.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.