Senior Account Executive, Technology and Cyber Security
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
Our Cybersecurity and Privacy Communications practice is looking for a motivated, energetic, self-starting Senior Account Executive to join our Austin office. This position offers the opportunity to provide communications support to clients throughout FleishmanHillard’s global network, including developing and implementing executive visibility and thought leadership programs, providing crisis communications support and conducting internal and external communications. The successful new hire will thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment that focuses on delivering outstanding results.
- 3 - 4 years’ experience in consumer and technology/or cybersecurity.
- PR agency experience is highly encouraged, and experience with internal communications is a plus.
- Passion for and solid knowledge of technology with the ability to translate complex technical information into easily understood written and verbal communications.
- Ability to develop and edit high quality written materials, including client plans, messaging and media correspondence.
- Excellent media relations skills (both traditional and social/digital), emphasis on business media skills as well as business/technology relationships and technology trade media relationships. Must have in-depth familiarity with technology trade media.
- Experience or interest in crisis communications programs with a focus on cybersecurity breach prep and response.
- Ability to contribute to compelling new business proposals.
- Strong account, program, and project management skills are essential.
- Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude. Experience working within a highly collaborative organization is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Professional, proactive and committed to high standards in the quality of the communications product.
Nominated by Austin Inno as one of the “Coolest Companies in Austin” in 2018, FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on the power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard was named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 80 offices in 29 countries, plus affiliates in 42 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team. Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.