Senior Account Executive, Technology Public Relations, San Francisco
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening in our San Francisco office for a Senior Account Executive to join our dynamic technology practice. We’re seeking a PR professional with a background in and a passion for technology communications to work with collaborative teams on integrated programs encompassing corporate positioning and reputation, high-level media and analyst relations, social media, executive communications, issues management, consumer product communications and employee communications. Our expertise and clients span consumer and enterprise technology, connected lifestyle, artificial intelligence, gaming, telecom, Virtual Reality, transportation and autonomous vehicle technology; mobility and big data; and payments technology.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Proactively identify opportunities to insert clients into the broader trends and news cycles of the day by maintaining a high level of relevant tech industry awareness; use this knowledge to help lead the client beyond what’s been done before.
- Work with senior members of the technology team to manage and execute integrated communications programs that embrace all areas of communications for technology clients, including product PR, branding, corporate reputation, social media management, and crisis/issues management.
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day deliverables for the technology practice’s account teams, including content creation and oversight as well as project and account management.
- Drive story idea development and work closely with media to shape and control communications that are in line with overall account objectives.
- Work with integrated teams to provide clients with seamless multi-channel solutions utilizing traditional PR, digital and social media platforms to deliver maximum performance and results.
- Develop high-quality written materials, including press releases; pitch letters, background materials, planning documents, and executive communications.
- Minimum of 3 years of agency experience in developing and implementing communications programs, with an emphasis on public relations work for large high technology or corp/B2B clients.
- Broad technology and B2B business understanding, strong analytical abilities and critical, creative thinking. Candidate should have the ability to engage off- and online audiences, and tell complex stories in an easily digestible way.
- Proven success working with tech, trade and national business media and bloggers. Experience in mobile, cloud, big data, and/or enterprise hardware and software is preferred. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Excellent writing abilities with extensive experience in all forms of corporate and executive communications, from corporate news releases to executive talking points.
- The ability to develop and generate support for strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of communication channels, including digital (e-mail, social media, blogs and intranet), print publications and brochures, executive memos, face-to-face meeting scripts/talking points, special events, video, and FAQs.
- Experience managing and coordinating projects with multiple work streams, including managing more junior team members, both directly and indirectly.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.