Senior Copywriter Social + Innovation, San Francisco
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Can you make someone laugh, melt, or think again with a few taps of the keys? Is your copy crisp, or saucy, depending on what’s for dinner? Do you speak emoji? Can you debate the pros & cons of the serial comma? If so, the Creative team at FleishmanHillard San Francisco is looking for a passionate Senior Copywriter with 6-9 years of professional experience to join us! This individual will have the opportunity to work alongside our team of talented art directors, graphic and motion designers, editors, producers and strategists. Along with a deep understanding of social voice development, brand storytelling, content creation and 360 program concepting, our ideal candidate will also have experience in the technology/B2B space and corporate brand development.
As one of the first full-service integrated communications agencies in the Bay area, FleishmanHillard San Francisco’s practice groups include Consumer Brand Marketing, Corporate Reputation and Social Responsibility, Healthcare, Technology, and Social + Innovation. Clients include EA, Fitbit, Facebook, Amazon, General Motors, Genentech, Kaiser Permanente, Bayer, Levi Strauss & Co., and many more.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment where more than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Generate strategically sound and innovative program concepts that can work in any medium
- Develop head-turning copy and content under the Creative Director.
- Translate business and marketing objectives into compelling copy.
- Collaborate with art director/designers and wider Social+Innovation team on variety of creative projects
- Apply industry best practices and established brand style guides to assignments.
- Work closely with account and production team during implementation.
- Manage workflow efficiently and take responsibility for timing and delivery.
- Oversee freelance writing group, managing quality and workload.
- 6-9 years professional copywriting experience or equivalent body of work, ideally in an agency setting.
- Breadth of industry and media experience: candidate should be well-versed in long and short form video scripting, social copy/post development, and be comfortable administering interviews/interactions with on-camera subjects.
- Passionate about storytelling, brand communications and creating engaging experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, advertising, marketing or a related field.
- Portfolio of spec or produced work.
- Knowledgeable in various social media platforms.
- The ability to thrive in both large-scale collaborative environments as well as independently.
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively present work to senior creative staff, account team and clients
To be successful, the candidate must have an outstanding track record in supporting and delivering quality work, be a team player and demonstrate the ability to get the job done. A sense of humor is key. Interested candidates should be outgoing, well-spoken and well-informed and possess a strong sense of confidence and common sense. Candidates should demonstrate a serious interest in and awareness of creative, social media and advertising trends, best practices and technologies.
This job description is asking for a lot. If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your resume along with a creative portfolio spelling out your role in each project.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, natural origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.