Senior Recruiter, Chicago
Position Overview and Responsibilities
From our vantage point 23 floors above Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, FleishmanHillard’s creative, collaborative, diverse, “what-if” culture sets the stage for delivering game-changing work for our clients, which include some of the world’s most well-known brands in the food and beverage, financial and professional services, and healthcare industries. Our team is excited and proud to work with these household names every day, delivering expertise in all aspects of corporate communications and consumer brand marketing — from media and influencer relations to crisis and issues management and everything in between. And the great news for the right candidate is…we’re growing!
FH Chicago is seeking a hands-on, experienced recruiter to join our Talent Acquisition team. Our new recruiter will be based in our Chicago office, and will support recruiting and talent acquisition efforts across FleishmanHillard’s US offices. We are seeking a strong and progressive recruiting expert to proactively build recruiting plans, identify active and passive candidates, and work with office leadership and Talent Development teams to solve business problems through recruiting solutions.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process for all levels of candidates, from proactive sourcing to offer stage and beyond.
- Provide counsel to senior leadership about trends in the marketplace, competitive intelligence and strategic recommendations for attracting the best talent and raising the profile of FleishmanHillard as an employer of choice in various markets.
- Network with industry groups, associations, and influential partners to help identify talent for the firm. Cultivate a pipeline of talent for key roles that will drive the growth of our business.
- Drive talent acquisition strategies and processes aimed at increasing diverse representation. Create compelling narratives to attract diverse, passive candidates.
- Manage candidate communities and maintain relationships for those candidates not selected.
- Collaborate with talent acquisition team, HR business partners, and TD leadership to execute strategic recruitment programs.
- Work with leadership to manage, streamline, and improve recruiting tools and systems (i.e., Taleo applicant tracking system, job postings, reference checking, referral process).
- Adhere to and ensure common, consistent processes across the multiple offices – including interview feedback forms, job descriptions, interview processes, etc.
- 6-8 years of full life cycle recruiting experience. Experience in a communications, PR, advertising, marketing or digital agency is highly preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, client service environment.
- Must be a self-starter who is passionate about recruiting and developing new programs to attract talent.
- Candidate should have recruiting experience across multiple markets and regions, with the ability to adjust communication style to different managers and environments.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level managers, delivering insights into and recommendations for best Talent Acquisition practices to solve business problems. Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders, including cross-functional internal partners, effectively.
- Skilled at developing narratives to attract passive candidates. Recruiter should be able to engage with candidates at all levels, with the proven ability to manage candidates throughout the interview process.
- Must have strong business acumen and use it to identify key issues and apply experience to drive solutions, recognize trends, and identify systematic approaches to solve problems in a high performance environment.
- Experience in using cold calling/networking techniques and social networking tools such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, blogging, etc. for recruiting purposes.
- Experience creating and executing strategic recruitment programs and strategies to increase employer-of-choice brand awareness.
- Ability to problem-solve and apply creative thinking to recruiting efforts, and to build consensus between hiring managers, decision makers and senior leaders.
- Must be able to work efficiently and with accuracy, prioritizing multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across teams, offices and regions, and maintain composure and quality in a fast-paced environment. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
FleishmanHillard offers an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.