Senior SQL Server/ASP.Net Developer, St. Louis
FleishmanHillard’s St. Louis office seeks a Senior SQL Server/ASP.Net Developer with a strong foundation in Microsoft technologies. We are looking for an experienced developer interested in broadening their skillset by architecting and developing within Azure Cloud Services (Azure). This is an opportunity for a seasoned Microsoft stack developer to leverage their traditional knowledge in pursuit of modernization.
The position is part of a small team (6-7 programmers) that creates, maintains and supports a wide variety of applications. As this is a senior developer position, this individual must maintain working relationships and coordinate business objectives with other IT teams within the global MIS department. The MIS department includes technical support specialists, network engineers, web development support specialists, financial application developers, knowledge management specialists, messaging technicians, regional technical generalists and server technology specialists. MIS works closely to provide support of our infrastructure and to all staff around the world.
FleishmanHillard Inc., a leading global communications agency, is widely recognized for excellent client service and a strong company culture founded on teamwork, integrity, and personal commitment. We operate throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, South Africa, and Latin America through our 80 owned offices. For more than 60 years, the firm has developed an unsurpassed reputation for delivering a meaningful, positive, and measurable impact on our clients’ performance.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform system analysis, design, development and unit testing of web and mobile responsive applications, and reports using C# .Net, Visual Studio, and MS SQL Server.
- Serve as the team’s lead SQL database expert/developer.
- Provide support for existing applications, including bug fixes, routine maintenance, mandated maintenance, functional issues, and performance issues.
- Facilitate upgrades when necessary.
- Analyze, develop, test, and deploy applications based upon industry best practices.
- Develop applications utilizing sound security practices and techniques.
- Redesign, optimize, or migrate existing ASP.Net applications to the cloud.
- Work effectively with HR and Financial teams on issues that may relate to data integrity of information presented on the Intranet, leadership dashboards, and other custom applications.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Implement industry best practice Change Control processes.
- Serve as a mentor for junior developers.
- Proactively research and locate the necessary tools and processes to identify troublesome trends as they develop; analyze/predict trends and program a long-range plan designed to resolve problems and prevent them from recurring; maintain high service level for the user community and work in a highly functioning team environment.
- Performs database administration in support of FleishmanHillard custom applications. This includes designing, creating and maintaining schemas, tables, users, roles, and security.
- Bachelor’s degree or U.S. equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Experience developing Microsoft SQL Server databases including maintenance and creation of data structures, writing complex structured queries, and stored procedures using SQL.
- Experience using C# .NET to develop web and reporting applications.
- .NET development experience using the MVC architecture.
- Development experience using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience upgrading SQL Server.
- Experience developing with .NET Web Forms architecture.
- Experience consuming API data and returning data in web applications.
- Experience utilizing AJAX principles and coding.
- Experience with Visual Studio online/Azure DevOps, GitHub, or other repositories.
- Experience with Azure Cloud Services.
- Experience with Office 365.
- SharePoint administration and development experience.
- Knowledge of Active Directory.
- PowerShell scripting experience.
- Experience with Power BI.
- Knowledge of Oracle Database, including PeopleSoft.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.