Senior Vice President - Corporate Reputation Management, New York
The New York office of has an immediate opening in our Corporate practice for an energetic, self-starting Senior Vice President with a strong background in corporate communications to support fast-paced global reputation accounts across various industries.
- Provide strategic and tactical support to plan, develop and implement corporate communications programs.
- Work within a collaborative team on corporate positioning and reputation, issues management, crisis situations, executive visibility, internal communications, and CSR programs.
- High-level media relations, building and maintaining strong relationships with reporters, editors and bloggers to build visibility for client news and subject matter experts.
- Development of strategic plans, messaging, media materials, and digital/social content.
- Coordinate with the FH global network to develop and implement communication plans across a variety of sectors.
- Manage multiple client contact relationships and deliver according to individual contact needs.
- 10+ years of public relations agency experience, with an emphasis on corporate communications, issues management, and/or crisis communications.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, or related field.
- Excellent writing and editing abilities with extensive experience in all forms of corporate and executive communication, from corporate news releases to executive talking points.
- A proven ability to develop compelling, insight-based strategic proposals and present them effectively and persuasively.
- Experience with business media relations, executive visibility, thought leadership, executive branding
- Advanced knowledge of top-tier international news and business media and well-developed skills in building and maintaining media relationships.
- Proven experience managing direct client interaction, providing strategic counsel, and facilitating weekly client status updates
- Experience pitching issues, business and corporate stories to top-tier and trade media outlets.
- A detail-oriented approach, with the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- An ability to work well within a team environment, complementing senior leads and managing junior staff.
- A proven ability to manage large projects without supervision
- Experience with digital media and social networking tactics and program development.
About FleishmanHillard New York
FH New York has built its reputation on creating customized, integrated solutions that deliver what our clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. No two companies face exactly the same challenges or opportunities, which is why we believe in carving out the right path for each client rather than reaching into the same bag of tricks. In our experience, the landscape changes too fast to rely on the “tried and tested.” That said, we do learn from experience. We’ve blazed trails for startups and Fortune 10 companies around the world, and each adventure has inspired us – inspired new ideas, new thinking, and new ways of working.
Here at FH New York, we seek early adopters, self-starters, beta testers. Energetic professionals with good instincts, an adventurous spirit and passion for collaboration. Our culture values talented, nimble, creative people who both are exemplary leaders and effective team players.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.