Senior Vice President, Food & Nutrition, Chicago
FH Chicago is seeking a big-thinking, creative-problem-solving, action-oriented and results-driven Senior Vice President to help grow our dynamic and highly respected Food & Nutrition Practice.
The position provides the opportunity to play a lead role in building and strengthening client relationships, mentoring a high-performing team, collaborating across practices to optimize opportunities for integrated programming, and driving growth through new business development. The ideal candidate will have at least 15 years’ experience working with food and beverage clients across multiple disciplines, including brand marketing, influencer engagement, reputation and issues management, and digital/social.
From our vantage point 23 floors above Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, FleishmanHillard’s creative, collaborative, diverse, “what-if” culture sets the stage for delivering game-changing work for our clients, which include some of the world’s most well-known brands in the food and beverage, financial and professional services, and healthcare industries. Our team is excited and proud to work with these household names every day, delivering expertise in all aspects of corporate communications and consumer brand marketing — from media and influencer relations to crisis and issues management and everything in between. And the great news for the right candidate is…we’re growing!
- Serve as a senior strategist across key accounts in the food & nutrition practice.
- Provide team leadership and management.
- Provide client counsel and strategy.
- Oversee development and implementation of strategic plans and integrated campaigns.
- Identify new opportunities for organic growth and leading new business initiatives.
- Balance staff workload, develop and manage budgets.
- Collaborate across practice and expertise areas to bring the best thinking to clients.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant consumer food and/or nutrition communication/marketing experience. Agency experience required.
- Previous experience managing a major food/beverage/nutrition client (e.g., CPG, commodity, association).
- Ability to develop plans inclusive of food-relevant media, influencers and content strategies.
- Knowledge of food and nutrition trends and issues, such as food safety, package labeling, etc.
- Strong client relationship skills and leadership capabilities.
- Proven track record in managing a team of talented communications professionals including specialists such as registered dietitians.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, inclusive of strategic plans and compelling content.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Proven ability to run accounts profitably, with responsibility for the profit and loss of significant client budgets; overseeing client budget development; tracking, billing and communication budget needs, and changes.
- Ability to develop strategic partnerships inclusive of organizations, non-profits, influencers, celebrities, and media integrations.
- Effective problem solver who can anticipate issues and offer actionable solutions.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and flexibility to navigate changing client direction.
- Results-focused approach and commitment to go the extra mile for clients and colleagues.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement, and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year, we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc.,
and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy, and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding, and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.