Social Innovation & Strategy, Director (Dallas)
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
FleishmanHillard Dallas is seeking a versatile and talented Managing Supervisor with a passion for “social connectivity” to join our Social + Innovation team. Part strategist, part hands-on tactician, the ideal candidate will be capable of envisioning, leading and incorporating social strategies into larger integrated programs including traditional media relations, public relations, websites, and other digital activations, advertising, and mobile technologies. Our new team member will work with integrated teams to create social content and manage storytelling across social platforms.
As one of the largest full-service agencies in Texas, FleishmanHillard Austin, and Dallas practice groups include Consumer Brand Marketing, Corporate Reputation, and Social Responsibility, Healthcare, Technology, and Social + Innovation. Clients include Lowes, Academy, Longhorn Steakhouse, General Motors, Genentech, and many more.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Create and execute day-to-day social and digital deliverables, including content creation, distribution and oversight, as well as project and account management for a corporate reputation client.
- Develop organic/paid social and digital strategies in collaboration with others to support integrated branded and unbranded social reputation campaigns.
- Plan, develop and publish editorial calendars using social media software tools.
- Identify, cultivate, and manage high-level relationships with influencers and industry experts. Help shape client stories and messages, and actively pitch those communications to the influencer community with the goal of injecting the client into industry conversations.
- Research social communities and trends; stay abreast of industry news and implications for social media.
- Develop and monitor programs to ensure on-time, high-quality client deliverables; report status to client and agency management on a regular basis.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Minimum of 6-10 years of experience; previous social media experience at an agency is a must and in-house/marketing experience is a plus.
- Passionate about storytelling, communications and creating engaging experiences.
- Demonstrated hands-on social media execution (community management, strategy and content development, blog outreach, paid social executions) across all platforms and communication channels, including but not limited to Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, especially in creating content and managing social channels for brands on a regular basis. The ideal candidate will translate business and marketing objectives into creative and compelling copy.
- Ability to absorb a high volume of information and be comfortable with providing quick counsel on editorial/response recommendations to clients.
- Possesses a passion for social media and speaking on behalf of a brand.
- Experience with social media monitoring tools (Crimson, Radian6, Sysomos, Sprinklr, etc.).
- Experience with social media management systems/platforms is preferred (i.e., Sprinklr, Spredfast, Percolate, Hootsuite).
- Ability to show personality along with patience and a sense of humor.
- Willingness to step up and be on, when necessary, even after others are off (…since social media doesn’t stop).
- Energetic self-starter who has a sense of responsibility and the ability to work with a team or independently.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.