Social Media Analyst, Detroit
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard's Detroit office is seeking a Social Media Analyst to join our team that delivers a comprehensive customer intelligence strategy and offering for a top client.
We’re seeking someone who is passionate about social, data and analytic tools. Someone who has an innate curiosity and the desire to find out "why?” This is an opportunity to produce work for a top client in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment that values team above all.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Lead and participate in strategy development initiatives for clients, including the recommendation of social and digital measurement strategies and ensuring the implementation in collaboration with internal teams and clients.
- Manage the development of insights and strategies from primary and secondary market research, business analysis and competitive data and translate those insights into tangible client recommendations.
- Manage multiple projects, liaising with other FleishmanHillard client leads and prioritizing based on importance.
- Manage the collection and synthesis of data across PESO channels (paid, earned, shared, owned) using various social listening and analytical tools.
- Provide monthly and yearly updates to internal teams and client.
- Develop KPIs, dashboards and scorecards.
- Stay current with the latest measurement trends – as well as relevant industry and technology trends.
- Work as a collaborative, decisive partner and liaison across all parties including clients, vendors, creative staff, and operations.
- Mentor junior- to mid-level staff and support them in their career development.
- Contribute to making FH Detroit a fun and exciting place to work.
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in an advertising, digital, PR or research agency.
- Strong analytical skills – and previous experience analyzing and interpreting survey, social and/or customer data.
- Comfortable finding the meaning in data, turning data into stories, and presenting data.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders.
- Expertise with tools to analyze social data: Facebook Insights, YouTube Insights, Twitter Analytics, etc.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI
- Experience with social media monitoring tools such as Crimson Hexagon and Brandwatch is a plus
- Nice to have, but not required: Background in Statistics, Machine Learning and/or Research
- Attention to detail with strong project management and prioritization skills; ability to manage ad hoc reporting requests in tandem with ongoing projects.
- Experience working with technical and creative professionals.
- Technical background preferred in order to effectively recommend tools and solutions, and partner with technical teams to implement and troubleshoot analytics packages.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Collaborative attitude, strong work ethic and ability to thrive and excel in a challenging fast-paced environment.
- A desire to work hard and deliver high quality work
To be successful, the candidate must have an outstanding track record in supporting and delivering quality work for clients, be a team player and motivator, and demonstrate the ability to get the job done. You’ll need a serious interest and awareness of trends, best practices, technology and business applications on the Internet and within FleishmanHillard.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research..
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team .
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.