Apprentice, Social Media Content, Dallas, Methods+Mastery (a FleishmanHillard company)
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Methods+Mastery, a FleishmanHillard company, has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting Social Content Apprentice to join our team for Spring 2020. Social data is the foundation of everything we do. From the right creative to the right copy, to informing the right business strategies. It’s the best reflection of true, unfiltered, human perception across the globe. Social Media Content Apprentices are the strategic thinkers, ideators, and ultimately the “makers” that bring stories to life for our Clients. Not only do they assist the team in guiding the strategic direction of a campaign from a content perspective, but get their hands dirty and create the content themselves.
Methods+Mastery is a new specialty agency within the FleishmanHillard global network that brings together social, creative and data-driven specialists who constantly strive to improve upon the ways brands reach their audiences. Our Methods dissect the rules of how things work. Our Mastery rewrites them. Methods+Mastery is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients.
We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Create engaging, shareable content under tight deadlines
- Developing plans for community engagement
- Monitoring and spotting trends and translating information into branded news content
- Conceiving, writing, shooting, editing and producing photo-based content
- Capitalizing on opportunities within emerging platforms and online communities
- Delivering multiple assignments on deadline
Interested candidates must attach the following items to their online application upon submission:
- Cover letter expressing interest in the internship program
- Writing samples (three if possible): Examples would be something written for a classroom assignment (press release, pitch letter, media kit), a campus newspaper or magazine article, or an essay, letter, or memo of some sort
Deadlines for Fall submissions: November 15th. The apprenticeship runs through January 15th, through May 22nd.
- Experienced in creating social media content across multiple channels
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a four-year accredited college or university with a preferred major in journalism, communications, creative writing or new media
- Strong writing skills and ability to communicate effectively across all channels
- Ability to produce content quickly
- Experience in writing scripts and shooting and editing graphics for social sharing
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas and information clearly
- Detail-oriented, with outstanding organizational skills
- Collaborative team player able to integrate with a diverse team
- Proactive, creative and independent thinker
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.