Vice President Brand Marketing (Public Relations)
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Big thinking. Creative problem solving. Action-oriented and results driven. That’s what FleishmanHillard is seeking in a VP to help lead and grow the Brand Marketing practice. The position provides the opportunity to play a lead role in building and strengthening client relationships, mentoring a high performing team, collaborating across practices to optimize opportunities for integrated programming and driving growth through new business development. The ideal candidate will have expertise working with consumer products and services across multiple facets including brand marketing, media relations, influencer engagement, issues management and digital/social. This person speaks CMO.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Serving as a senior strategist across key accounts in the brand marketing practice.
- Team management and leadership.
- Client counsel and strategy.
- Overseeing development and implementation of strategic plans and integrated campaigns.
- Identifying new opportunities for organic growth and leading new business initiatives.
- Balancing staff workload, developing and managing budgets.
- Collaborating across practice and expertise areas to bring best thinking to clients.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant consumer communication/marketing experience. Agency experience required.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business (especially, the CMO), and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives. Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Previous experience managing communications for a consumer brand’s product/service.
- Ability to develop plans inclusive of national print, broadcast and online consumer media, influencers and content strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of top-tier business media, and well-developed-skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Knowledge of tech media and/or sports marketing a plus.
- Business to business media relations and content strategy a plus.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, working alongside and managing teams to execute public relations plans effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic communications programs within budget.
- Strong client relationship skills and leadership capabilities.
- Proven track record in managing a team of talented communications professionals including media and influencer specialists.
- Superior creative writing and editing skills, inclusive of strategic plans and compelling content.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Proven ability to run accounts profitably, with responsibility for the profit and loss of significant client budgets; overseeing client budget development; tracking, billing and communication budget needs and changes.
- Ability to develop strategic partnerships inclusive of organizations, non-profits, influencers, celebrities and media integrations.
- Previous work as a reporter, blogger or editor a plus.
- Effective problem solver who can anticipate issues and offer actionable solutions.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and flexibility to navigate changing client direction.
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Results-focused approach and commitment to go the extra mile for clients and colleagues.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and best-in-service commitment to going the extra mile for clients and FH team members.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.