Vice President, Consumer - Raleigh
FleishmanHillard’s Consumer Group harnesses the collective power of creative ideas, public relations and strategic marketing to produce business-changing ideas, magnetic stories and award-winning communications.
We have an immediate need for a creative, motivated, energetic, self-starting senior PR leader to join our North Carolina Consumer Group, one of our brand marketing hubs in the firm. This position provides the opportunity to lead multi-office teams in developing integrated consumer brand marketing campaigns for some of the most beloved food and retail brands, right from one of the most desirable and fastest growing cities in the U.S.
This role would work closely with account and practice leadership, as well as our creative, social, media relations and research teams to develop and execute clever, multi-channel campaigns that move the needle in business and in culture. The senior leader will also play an instrumental role in helping our global roster of clients to define, visualize and articulate their brand strategies. Experience with national food, retail and/or CPG brands is a must.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Partner with senior account leadership and consumer practice leadership to develop integrated public relations programs that compel audiences to act.
- Provide proactive, seasoned client counsel and creative recommendations on how to meet consumer marketing goals through communications.
- Foster strategic thinking within the team and consistently drive the team toward the highest possible caliber deliverables.
- Develop strategies for national consumer media – primarily food/products, services and compelling trend stories during cultural moments.
- Develop and execute high-quality product launches and media programs from conception to execution to placement.
- Integrate with creative, social, content and entertainment teams to activate programs.
- Help manage sensitive reactive media issues.
- Provide high-level strategic thinking for myriad media inquiries.
- 8+ years of experience providing public relations counsel to consumer, food and retail brands.
- Strong strategic thinker, with an ability to lead the development of programs that are distinctive, relevant, creative, and measurable.
- Proactive drive to own the process in developing and presenting unique programs rooted in a clear idea and insight, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of client's business and its consumer/audience.
- Demonstrated experience leading successful publications programs surrounding product launches, retail partnerships, cultural moments and major sponsorships.
- Insatiable curiosity for uncovering new, relevant and effective approaches to consumer brand marketing and public relations.
- Exceptional capabilities in media relations, from strategy development to generating results, including experience securing national broadcast and Late Night coverage.
- Outstanding writer with passion for journalism, copywriting, message architecture and compelling storytelling.
- Track record of solving complex brand challenges; strong balance of traditional, innovative, experimental and digital/social experience; proven ability to creatively problem solve.
- Understanding of product integration, media partnerships and sponsorship opportunities.
- Ability to execute integrated social media programs with national consumer media outreach.
- Proven ability to contribute to compelling new business proposals and presenting them effectively and persuasively.
- Ability to lead internal planning meetings and brainstorm sessions; exercise excellent judgment with the ability to think 'outside of the box.’
- Develop and edit high quality written materials, including media correspondence and story angles; and illustrate strong presentation skills.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at http://www.fleishmanhillard.com/.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.