Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening for a Vice President to join our dynamic consumer practice, focusing on Sports marketing and communications.This position provides a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned communications professional with a background in and passion for sports and marketing and communications to work with collaborative teams on sponsorship activation/communications campaigns, brand building, business development and content creation on behalf of our global clients.
FleishmanHillard New York practice groups include Consumer Brand Marketing, Corporate Reputation and Social Responsibility, Healthcare, Technology, and Social + Innovation.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Play a leading role in identifying integrated communications opportunities and optimizing our clients’ sports sponsorship investments, celebrity endorsements and other brand activations across broad consumer and vertical markets.
- Provide communications and media relations strategy and execution for our clients and their sponsorship of athletes, teams, leagues, national governing bodies, as well as celebrity endorsements and activations.
- Contribute to creative content strategy across platforms.
- Help shape client stories and messages, with the goal of integrating clients into the broader news cycle and trending social conversations.
- Maintain and develop strong traditional and online media relationships, pitch sophisticated ideas, and be responsible for developing creative written materials that capture a consumer sports and lifestyle media audience and reflect an understanding of our clients’ business.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in developing and implementing integrated communications programs specifically related to major consumer brands and products.
- Experience in sports products, teams, leagues, governing bodies and/or sponsorship is a requirement. Agency experience preferred.
- Experience working with brands, sponsors, or clients associated with major global sports properties (Olympic Games, FIFA World Cup, NFL Super Bowl, major professional sports leagues) is a plus.
- Background working with and booking athletes and/or celebrity spokespeople and securing coverage of client messaging.
- Strong media relationships with tier 1 sports outlets across print, online and broadcast required, along with strong media strategy sensibilities.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business and deliver connective insight to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives.
- Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Solid team leadership experience is necessary, including management of local teams and distributed account teams.
- A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FH as an agency.
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency. FleishmanHillard was named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 80 offices in 29 countries, plus affiliates in 42 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
Diversified Agency Services (DAS), a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE:OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), manages Omnicom’s holdings in a variety of marketing communications disciplines. DAS includes over 200 companies, which operate through a combination of networks and regional organizations, serving international and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
Omnicom Group Inc. (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.