Vice President, Corporate Healthcare
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications firm, is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and self-starting Vice President with a deep background in healthcare and corporate communications to join our dynamic Chicago office. This position provides the opportunity to oversee exciting communications programs for leading healthcare brands, manage and grow key relationships with healthcare industry clients, develop strategic reputation programming, and manage strategic outreach to the media, third-party organizations, healthcare professionals and consumers.
At FH Chicago, we work hard, have fun, do good, and win awards. From our vantage point 23 floors above Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, our creative, collaborative, diverse, “what-if” culture sets the stage for delivering game-changing work for our clients, which include some of the world’s most well-known brands in the food and beverage, financial and professional services, and healthcare industries. Our team is excited and proud to work with these household names every day, delivering expertise in all aspects of corporate communications and consumer brand marketing — from media and influencer relations to crisis and issues management and everything in between.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day activities for the healthcare practice’s account teams, including working with senior members of the team to drive client business and programs, and to provide client counsel.
- Develop relationships and coordinate correspondence with external audiences: third-party organizations, healthcare professionals, media, etc.
- Develop and edit high-quality written materials, including media correspondence, speaking abstracts, and marketing collateral.
- Contribute to the management of client budgets; oversee the client budget development, tracking, billing and communications.
- Supervise and train junior account staff; provide quality control and oversee team assignments.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- 10+ years of experience. Biotech, pharmaceutical, device or healthcare communications experience within an in-house team or communications agency is required, including experience working in corporate healthcare – reputation, internal communications, issues/crisis, executive visibility and/or thought leadership programs.
- A thirst for knowledge, interest and desire to work in the ever-changing world of healthcare.
- Skilled at applied strategic thinking; anticipating issues, trends, and connections, and translating those insights into actionable ideas for the client.
- Proven understanding of media environment: healthcare trade, national, consumer, business, bylines, spokespersons.
- Ability to develop strategic outreach plans to external audiences: third-party organizations, healthcare professionals, media, etc.
- A collaborative team member and team leader, with strong project management and problem-solving skills and ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively supervise and train junior-level account staff, provide quality control, determine workflow and assignments.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to develop and strategically direct the creation of content and communications plans.
- Demonstrated strategic media relations planning, with the ability to develop strong media pitch angles, lead pitch teams and pitch story ideas to reporters.
- Keen understanding of the role of digital media in integrated communications strategies.
- Strong client relationship skills and the ability to successfully represent FH and client companies to key stakeholders.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.