Vice President Employee Engagement, New York
FleishmanHillard has an immediate Vice President opportunity for an experienced corporate communications professional with a deep background in internal communications and employee engagement to join our New York office. This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned professional to join a dynamic group doing innovative work for a diverse client base.
FleishmanHillard is one of the world’s most complete global communications firms. We deliver integrated communications solutions to clients that draw on expertise across more than 25 disciplines, including corporate reputation management, CSR, financial services, issues and crisis management, B2C and B2B marketing, branding, creative services, entertainment and sports, digital and social media, healthcare, internal communications, public affairs, technology and research.
Developing and executing programs that embrace all areas of internal organizational needs including change management, employee engagement, values-based communications, mergers and acquisitions, and reorganizations.
Overall responsibility for project management, strategic planning and supervision.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in corporate communications, with an emphasis on employee and/or internal communications.
- Ability to provide strategic counsel and leadership to influence and impact strategy. Candidates should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate client approvals diplomatically and maintain composure and production quality under deadline pressure.
- Experience developing and generating support for strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of communication channels including online, in-person, video and print.
- Experience in building communications programs upon a foundation of research and evaluating the effectiveness of programs through relevant metrics.
- Proven ability to lead programs and manage others to deliver high-quality thinking and results quickly and within tight timetables.
- Excellent writing and editing skills that reflect an ability to clarify and simplify complicated issues and technical subject matter and versatility in tone and technique depending on the author and/or audience. (Knowledge of AP style is a must.)
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, or related field.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple activities.
About FleishmanHillard New York
FH New York has built its reputation on creating customized, integrated solutions that deliver what our clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. No two companies face exactly the same challenges or opportunities, which is why we believe in carving out the right path for each client rather than reaching into the same bag of tricks. In our experience, the landscape changes too fast to rely on the “tried and tested.” That said, we do learn from experience. We’ve blazed trails for startups and Fortune 10 companies around the world, and each adventure has inspired us – inspired new ideas, new thinking, and new ways of working.
Here at FH New York, we seek early adopters, self-starters, beta testers. Energetic professionals with good instincts, an adventurous spirit and passion for collaboration. Our culture values talented, nimble, creative people who both are exemplary leaders and effective team players.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.