Vice President, Government Contracts Manager, Washington D.C
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
FleishmanHillard, a global communications agency, is seeking a Vice President with a deep background in managing government contracts and procurement to join our thriving Washington, DC office. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for an organized and seasoned government program manager to manage contract structure, risk mitigation, process improvement and adherence for one of FleishmanHillard’s fastest growing clients.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Serve as a contract specialist responsible for all contracting transactions from initiation to recommendation of award to procurement of items or services with specialized requirements.
- Administer, negotiate, and close out large-dollar contracts and task orders per agency compliance requirements
- Monitor and reporting contract performance,
- Monitor and report FleishmanHillard’s contractual performance, including tracking contract obligations, invoices, award fees and incentives, and deliveries. Approval progress payments, reviewing and providing recommendations on government awarded change orders, scheduling, problems and proposed solution, verification of deliveries and similar activities.
- Prepare technical proposals in response to US Government solicitation documents that may include contracts awarded as firm-fixed price, fixed-price-incentive, cost-plus-fixed-fee, level of effort, etc.
- Prepare responses to US Government inquiries on the firm’s execution of awarded contracts.
- Review and advise on documents prepared by clients, such as statements of work, service level agreements, pricing schedules, and customer obligations
- Reviewand analyze RFPs/RFQs/RFIs; negotiate customer contracts; reviewing, drafting and negotiating various types of agreements, including non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, and product and/or service agreements; extensive experience relating to submission and negotiation of contracts, subcontracts, task orders and/or modifications
- Advise clients on various contractual provisions and issues and develop resolutions to business disputes
- Train internal clients on various contractual provisions, issues, approaches, and preferred practices
- Maintain subcontracts, OCI, GSA, and vendor certifications on a reoccurring basis
- Evaluate and review all contract files in preparation for successful DCAA audit
- 8-10 years experience successfully managing government contracts, with a track record of driving contracts from proposal to completion. Experience with or in the US military is preferred.
- This position required US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a US Government security clearance.
- Extensive experience with contracts “common body-of-knowledge” (i.e., FAR, DFARS, ITAR, TINA, etc.)
- Deep background in all facets of government contracts, and working with cross-functional, dispersed teams to ensure appropriate compliance and that all deliverables are met.
- Proficiency and experience with DoD contracting to include cost plus contracts and competitive acquisitions
- Ability to apply legal aspects of government and commercial acquisition to the contract management function and work closely with counsel on multiple procurements
- Must possess advanced negotiation skills of complex transactions to include preparation of business case presentations, shaping requirements, persuasive communication skills, and ability to condense complex situations into easily understandable formats to all levels of the agency and to the customer(s)
- Experience running risk-analysis and providing constructive solutions to team members, ensuring all the agency is administering all deliverable according to federal contracting guidelines.
- Background in Earned Value Management, Subcontractor Management , and Federal Contract/Reporting
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients and FH team members.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field; MBA and/or contracts certifications (CPCM, CFCM, CCCM) preferred
- Prior successful collaboration with program managers and business executives in a rapidly changing business and legal environment
- This position will require ability to work under high pressure conditions to resolve challenging and complex situation
- Possess a high level of discernment to prioritize competing execution priorities
- Adaptable and self-motivated; possess excellent time management and organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for nine years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group:
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.