Vice President - Government Contracts Manager, Washington D.C.
FleishmanHillard, a global communications agency, is seeking a Government Contracts Manager with experience in managing various types of government contracts, including cost reimbursement contracts and GSA Schedule contracts, to join our Washington, DC office. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Government Contracts Manager to manage a large, and active, and important DOD subcontract, renew and administer a GSA Schedule contract, and lead the government contracts program for FleishmanHillard.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Manage government contracts registration, certification, and reporting requirements, including SAM and small business subcontracting reporting.
- Manage a large DOD IDIQ subcontract, that includes cost reimbursement task orders.
- Manage effective communications between FleishmanHillard and prime contractor, and FleishmanHillard and government.
- Work closely with financial team for financial reporting, contract pricing, and in responding to audits.
- Collaborate with company internal and external legal advisors, including identifying and updating them on legal and compliance matters.
- Work with program personnel to develop contracts, SOWs, respond to RFQs for task orders, and to negotiate and execute contracting documents, and to ensure contract compliance.
- Review RFQs awarded task orders for compliance with DOD subcontract and applicable regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all subcontract and task order reporting requirements by advising and coordinating with program personnel.
- Advise and support subcontract financial manager to ensure financial, cost accounting, and invoicing procedures compliant with DOD subcontract.
- Negotiate, draft, and manage lower tier subcontracts and vendor agreements, including ensuring compliant lower-tier subcontract award, terms, management, performance, and reporting.
- Report to company management on performance, including task order obligations, invoices and payment status, budget and cost to complete, and deliverable schedule and status.
- Advise and train colleagues on government contractual and regulatory requirements and ethics.
- Manage and prepare proposal submission and negotiation for GSA Schedule Contract.
- Expand contract management procedures and function to grow the government contracts business.
- Collaborate with business development colleagues to select and pursue new government contract business opportunities.
- Enhance quality of responses to government solicitations and subcontracting opportunities.
- Improve, streamline, and enhance the review, drafting and negotiation of customer and vendor agreements, including non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, and product and/or service agreements.
- Assist other Omnicom Public Relations Group agencies in developing their government contracts administration function.
- 8-10 years of experience successfully managing government contracts, including cost reimbursement contracts. Experience with CAS-covered contracts, cost-plus or IDIQ, DoD contracts, and GSA contracts preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in contract management, business administration or related field. Government contracts certifications (CPCM, CFCM) preferred.
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a US Government security clearance.
- Extensive experience with government contracts “common body-of-knowledge” (i.e., FAR, DFARS, TINA).
- Up-to-date knowledge and depth in government contracts compliance and ethics requirements.
- Proven experience with government procurement processes from proposal preparation, through bid process, protest and claims, contract award, and administration to final close-out.
- Experience in subcontract negotiation and management.
- Proficiency in government contracts registration, certification, and reporting requirements, including SAM and small business subcontracting reporting.
- Demonstrated results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients and FH team members.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Prior successful collaboration with program managers and business executives in a rapidly changing business and legal environment
- Highly evolved interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate diplomatically and effectively, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for nine years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.