Vice President, Influencer Marketing, FleishmanHillard Japan Group
FleishmanHillard is part of the world’s largest communications agencies, bringing clients fresh thinking, strategic expertise and creative power for authentic, break-through communications. FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group under DAS Group of Companies, and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries.
FleishmanHillard established a presence in Asia Pacific in the early 1990s. Over the last few years the firm has grown exponentially with clients to become a leading regional network comprised of 16 wholly owned offices and three brands in 10 countries. Their top clients include an impressive roster of both global and Asian MNCs. FleishmanHillard has been honored with hundreds of industry accolades, including most recently PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Asia Pacific Network of the Year in 2014.
FleishmanHillard Japan (FHJ) combines local knowledge with the power and resources of a global network. In 1997, Shin Tanaka, previously of Honda Motor Co., established FleishmanHillard in Japan. Today, the firm and its two partner agencies, VOX Global Japan (VOX) and BlueCurrent Japan (BCJ), form the FleishmanHillard Japan Group. The team of consultants provides total communications support for clients across a wide range of sectors.
We have an immediate opening for a vice president to join our Japan office. This position is a fantastic opportunity for an integrated digital communications practitioner with a background in and passion for consumer engagement, influencer marketing, public relations and social media to work with collaborative teams on brand building and content creation on behalf of our Fortune-ranked consumer client.
- Build and implement influencer programs for clients including long-term relationships, seasonal activations and reporting.
- Identify, cultivate and manage relationships with influencers across blog, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook and emerging digital platforms.
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact including regular on-site event activation support.
- Manage complex client budgets.
- Develop and implement brief and process workflows, outlining storytelling focus and asset needs to ensure seamless influencer marketing campaign execution and content delivery to creative social, public relations, creative and marketing teams.
- Develop and edit high-quality written materials, including creative content ideas, social media content and marketing collateral. Ensure all adhere to client brand standards.
- Uncover trends and creative storytelling opportunities that leverage influencers to co-create engaging content.
- Collaborate with client team to define KPIs and evaluate marketing penetration and the impact of influencer efforts on reputation, perception and traffic.
- Understanding of research and benchmark against leaders in influencer marketing and client competitor set.
- Investigate emerging social technologies and platforms to uncover opportunities for ongoing innovation.
- Provide consumer and category insights and expertise to assist in the development of marketing materials.
- Minimum 8 years of experience implementing influencer marketing and digital communications programs, preferably in an agency setting. Experience supporting recognized global brands is highly preferred, with a strong working knowledge of the consumer marketing space.
- Experience engaging with and counseling senior level decision-makers across the client’s business and delivering connective insight to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives.
- Experience creating digital campaigns that utilize multiple social platforms to build awareness, engage customers and increase conversion. Vast knowledge of influencer marketing best practices, tools and regulatory guidelines is required.
- Knowledge of FTC guidelines and best practices a plus. Ability to manage, negotiate and edit contracts and agreements.
- Strong familiarity of and passion for social technologies; tech savvy and curious about emerging trends and platforms such as Curalate Fanreel, Facebook Handshake and #PAID.
- Maintain active influencer relationships in the lifestyle community and has experience cultivating relationships with bloggers and social influencers on the basis of trust, integrity and accessibility. A demonstrated hands-on approach is required.
- Creative thinker who can brainstorm innovative ideas/strategies to support brand initiatives with focus influencers, consumer engagement and editorial storytelling.
- Proven experience planning and executing events and partnerships, including vendor, contract, and budget management.
- Web analytics and social listening knowledge, measuring campaign performance and analyzing metrics to support overall content strategy.
- Proven ability to prioritize, be self-starting and take ownership is essential to success. This translates to strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to effectively motivate staff and clients.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities.
- Energetic, and resourceful problem solver — gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.