Vice President, Internal Communications
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening for a hands-on, self-starting Vice President to join our internal communications team at the firm’s global headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for a passionate professional with deep internal and change communications experience to work with and manage dynamic, high-performing teams on strategic employee communications efforts.
- Develop and execute transformation communications programs for an array of clients/industries, including but not limited to financial transactions, integrations, reorganizations, relocations, reductions in force, culture efforts, functional transformations and leadership transitions.
- Manage a variety of other highly strategic internal communications efforts, including employee advocacy programs, values-based communications efforts, learning and development initiatives, diversity and inclusion programs and more.
- Provide strategic counsel to the agency’s other employee communications practitioners, leading and participating in account planning and program management efforts.
- Identify and contribute to growth opportunities for the St. Louis office and the global agency.
- 15+ years of experience in internal/change communications.
- Ability to provide strategic counsel and leadership to influence and impact strategy. Candidates should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate client approvals diplomatically and maintain composure and production quality under deadline pressure.
- Experience developing and generating support for strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of integrated communication channels including digital, social, video and print.
- Experience in building communications programs upon a foundation of research and evaluating the effectiveness of programs through relevant metrics.
- Proven ability to lead programs and manage others to deliver high-quality thinking and results quickly and within tight timetables.
- Excellent writing and editing skills that reflect an ability to clarify and simplify complicated issues and technical subject matter and versatility in tone and technique depending on the author and/or audience. (Knowledge of AP style is a must.)
- Solid team leadership and team-building experience is necessary. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, or related field. Master’s degree in communications, business, organizational psychology or organizational behavior is a plus.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple activities.
FleishmanHillard, one of the world’s leading strategic communications firms, has built its reputation on creating integrated solutions that deliver what its clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. The firm is widely recognized for excellent client service and a strong company culture founded on teamwork, integrity and personal commitment. Based in St. Louis, the firm operates throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa and Latin America through its 80 owned offices. For more information, visit the FleishmanHillard website at www.fleishmanhillard.com
FleishmanHillard is a part of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com). Omnicom is a leading global advertising, marketing, and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, interactive, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to more than 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (314) 982-1700.
FleishmanHillard is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.