Vice President - Public Health, Austin
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard Austin has an immediate opening for a seasoned and forward-thinking Vice President to support multiple public health education campaigns. The position provides a fantastic opportunity for an organized and seasoned PR professional to work in a strategic and collaborative environment with strong teams focused on behavior change, healthcare and public education communications initiatives.
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day activities for large-scale public health and behavior change campaigns, including working with senior members of the team to help oversee projects and provide client counsel.
- Provide leadership and strategic counsel to additional clients in the public health and healthcare sectors.
- Drive new business, seeking new and innovative ways to deliver advocacy and public health campaigns to external audiences.
- Be a trusted and respected advisor to current and new clients.
- Thought and action leadership related to project management, execution and assessment, and management and oversight of work teams, including mentoring and leadership.
- Assisting with project financial management, budgeting and reporting.
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience in public relations, public health, advocacy, communications or similar field. Deep experience in creating and executing public health and behavior change communications and PR programs.
- Experience working on integrated marketing or communications programs that include paid, earned and social media; content creation; community stakeholder engagement; etc.
- Solid experience executing communications plans with the ability to draft and implement strategic communications programs within budget.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills; demonstrated ability to “command a room” and sell an idea to executives and leaders.
- Ability to communicate and build rapport with a wide range of audiences from corporate and government officials to community leader and young adult audiences.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to translate complicated subject matter into lay terms to a variety of audiences.
- Skilled at applied strategic thinking; anticipating issues, trends, and connections; and translating those insights into actionable ideas for the client.
- Entrepreneurial and action-oriented in business development activities.
- Ability to solve problems and exercise excellent judgment with the ability to think 'outside of the box.'
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines without sacrificing quality, maintain good client relationships and deliver outstanding results.
- Ability to manage teams with diverse functions, including vendors and subcontractors.
- Understanding of agency financials and experience budgeting projects.
- Professional, proactive and committed to high standards in the quality of the communications product.
- Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Experience working with the government or healthcare clients preferred.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.