Vice President/Senior Vice President, Social + Innovation, Charlotte
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard, a global communications agency, has an immediate opening for a hands-on, self-starting Vice President/Senior Vice President to join our Charlotte, NC Social + Innovation practice. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for a passionate proactive communications professional with strong social media and digital skills to lead strategy and content with a collaborative team across a range of clients. This ideal candidate will be a key leader on the Social + Innovation team, and will be instrumental in cultivating and growing accounts while managing a team of high performers. We are seeking a big picture thinker who can inspire our team to produce exceptional work for global clients as well as champion new ideas that drive business growth.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Serve as a senior social + digital leader embedded on account teams for multiple global brands.
- Co-manage a team of high performing social + digital strategists to maximize team performance.
- Assist in the management of a significant P&L, forecasting revenue and expenses accurately. This includes managing budgets and key engagements for an established and well-known client base, and making decisions to assure the practice runs effectively and efficiently.
- Work with senior leadership to continue to raise the profile of FH’s Social + Innovation Practice through business development and marketing efforts, and by leveraging the deep expertise that currently exists within the team to pursue the significant opportunities that exist in North Carolina and global marketplaces. Grow Social + Innovation portfolio through organic and new business efforts.
- Play a pivotal role in leading day-to-day social and digital strategy for a variety of account teams, including content creation and oversight as well as project and account management.
- Draft FH point of view documents regarding timely social platform changes, research new and emerging trends/social platforms, schedule, plan and participate in internal and external social and digital training and webinars.
- Identify, cultivate and manage high-level relationships with industry experts, platform representatives and influencers.
- 12+ years of demonstrably significant and successful experience in creating and leading impactful, comprehensive social and digital campaigns that integrate all facets of the marketing and communications mix. Agency experience is a must and in-house experience, particularly in an interactive environment, is a plus.
- Deep experience in social media strategy across all platforms and communications channels, including but not limited to Google, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Tumblr.
- Strong strategic thinker, with an ability to lead the development of programs for clients and the office that are distinctive, relevant, creative, and measurable.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, draw conclusions, make recommendations, establish reasonable timelines and areas of responsibility, anticipate costs, and identify measures of success.
- Solid team leadership and team-building experience is necessary, including management of local teams and distributed account teams. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
- Experience managing accounts for effectiveness and profitability, including establishing meaningful metrics and scorecards for gauging program effectiveness, and overseeing the development and management of budgets, team structure and client reporting.
- Track record of leading efforts for and winning new business – either through the incremental growth of current clients or participation in large- and small-scale new business efforts.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating digital content and managing social and digital channels.
- Hands-on social media program execution (strategy and content development, community management, influencer engagement).
- Demonstrated experience planning and overseeing social advertising campaigns and programs including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google.
- Ability to develop and generate strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative strategy and tactics that use a variety of communication channels, including digital (e-mail, social media, blogs, and employee intranet), executive memos, video, and FAQs.
- Excellent writing abilities with experience with corporate (B2B), executive (C-Suite) and consumer digital + social communications.
- Experience with some of the following digital + social platforms (Crimson Hexagon, Sprinklr, Spredfast, Netbase, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Traackr, etc.).
- Experience working directly with senior level clients on day-to-day activities.
- Energetic self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to work as a part of a team in the development of client and new business programs and presentations.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at http://www.fleishmanhillard.com/.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.