Vice President, Social Media Analytics, San Francisco or Washington DC (Methods+Mastery, a FleishmanHillard Company)
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Methods+Mastery, a FleishmanHillard agency, is seeking a curious and gregarious Insights & Analytics Vice President who is passionate about data-driven intelligence to join our growing team. We’re seeking a social data and analytics expert who loves developing strategies and has an innate desire to find out "why?”
Sitting in our Washington D.C. or San Francisco office, our new Vice President will work with social, creative and data-driven specialists to produce work for top clients in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment that values team above all. They will analyze and synthesize data to provide reports, actionable insights and strategic recommendations for our clients. In addition, the Vice President will actively engage in brainstorming and ideation sessions, supporting the team with data-inspired, actionable insights that drive new and organic business, inform account and program planning and deliver KPI-oriented measurement.
At Methods+Mastery, social data is the foundation of everything we do. We are a new specialty agency within the FleishmanHillard network using intelligence from form today’s social landscape to inform strategy, creation and measurement.
- Develop insights and strategies from data pulled through social analytics tools, digital analytics tools, primary & secondary market research and business analysis and competitive data; translate those insights into creative marketing strategies; transform consumer insights into reports and strategic plans.
- Work closely with planning, creative and social media leads to develop audience-centric, KPI-driven content campaigns that inspire audiences and influence beliefs and behaviors.
- Serve as a champion of trends and intelligence. Monitor market, cultural and social trends and interpret impact on behavioral shifts relevant to client business; proactively communicate updates and findings to the FH teams, accompanied by actionable insights and tactical recommendations.
- Manage projects directly with clients and represent the firm in new business pitches.
- Package and communicate research findings, insights and strategic recommendations – written and verbal – in a clear, concise, and compelling way.
- Contribute to M+M’s thought leadership around social science, creativity and innovation. Represent Methods+Mastery as an expert at industry events and participate in the insights & analytics speaker circuit.
- Stay current with the latest social measurement tools and relevant industry trends.
The ideal candidate is keenly strategic, versatile and insights-driven; someone who thrives in an energetic, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. In addition, our new team member will have:
- 8-10 years of total experience gained in analytics along with experience in digital marketing and/or planning.
- Experience working with and managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong analytics skills; must be proficient in analyzing and interpreting social-related data from standard software packages and client databases.
- Background providing evaluative volumetric and content analysis of earned social data working with social media monitoring tools such as: Sysomos, Crimson Hexagon, Netbase, Spredfast, Tracx, Social Radar.
- Expertise with platform analytics tools: Facebook Insights, YouTube Insights, Twitter Analytics, Quintly, SocialRank, etc.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Microsoft AdCenter and DART with working knowledge of enterprise tools from Omniture, Webtrends and Unica.
- Skilled user of tools such as Excel, Tableau, Power Pivot, Quantivo.
- Experience with real-time listening for real-time engagement (ideally via social media command centers).
- Ability to quickly pattern spot and surface actionable insights; separate signal from noise.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Experience writing clear and concise presentations summarizing data, insights, outcomes and implications in a straightforward and enlightening way for teams and clients.
- Experience distilling complex and high volumes of data into simple KPIs and data visualizations / dashboards / scorecards.
- Collaborative attitude, strong work ethic and ability to thrive and excel in a challenging fast-paced environment.
- A desire to work hard, play hard and deliver game-changing work.
- To be successful, the candidate must have an outstanding track record in delivering quality work for clients/brands, be a team player and a motivator and demonstrate the ability to get the job done. Interested candidates should be an outgoing, well-spoken, well-informed person with confidence and common sense.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.