Vice President Sports Marketing + Communications, San Francisco
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening for a Vice President to join our dynamic consumer practice, focusing on Sports marketing and communications.This position provides a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned communications professional with a background in and passion for sports and marketing and communications to work with collaborative teams on sponsorship activation/communications campaigns, brand building, business development and content creation on behalf of our global clients.
As one of the largest full-service agencies in the bay area, FleishmanHillard San Francisco practice groups include Consumer Brand Marketing, Corporate Reputation and Social Responsibility, Healthcare, Technology, and Social + Innovation. Clients include Fitbit, GoPro, EA, GM, Genentech, Kaiser Permanente, Bayer, Plantronics, Levi Strauss & Co, and many more.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings.
We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Play a leading role in identifying integrated communications opportunities and optimizing our clients’ sports sponsorship investments, celebrity endorsements and other brand activations across broad consumer and vertical markets.
- Provide communications and media relations strategy and execution for our clients and their sponsorship of athletes, teams, leagues, national governing bodies, as well as celebrity endorsements and activations.
- Contribute to creative content strategy across platforms.
- Help shape client stories and messages, with the goal of integrating clients into the broader news cycle and trending social conversations.
- Maintain and develop strong traditional and online media relationships, pitch sophisticated ideas, and be responsible for developing creative written materials that capture a consumer sports and lifestyle media audience and reflect an understanding of our clients’ business.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in developing and implementing integrated communications programs specifically related to major consumer brands and products.
- Experience in sports products, teams, leagues, governing bodies and/or sponsorship is a requirement. Agency experience preferred.
- Experience working with brands, sponsors, or clients associated with major global sports properties (Olympic Games, FIFA World Cup, NFL Super Bowl, major professional sports leagues) is a plus.
- Background working with and booking athletes and/or celebrity spokespeople and securing coverage of client messaging.
- Strong media relationships with tier 1 sports outlets across print, online and broadcast required, along with strong media strategy sensibilities.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business and deliver connective insight to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives.
- Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Solid team leadership experience is necessary, including management of local teams and distributed account teams.
- A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FH as an agency.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity.
We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.