Vice President, Strategic Account Planning San Francisco
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Fleishman-Hillard Inc., a leading global communications agency, is widely recognized for excellent client service and a strong company culture founded on teamwork, integrity, and personal commitment. We operate throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, South Africa, and Latin America through our 80 owned offices. For more than 60 years, the firm has developed an unsurpassed reputation for delivering a meaningful, positive, and measurable impact on our clients’ performance.
The San Francisco office of Fleishman-Hillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting Vice President of Strategic Planning to develop and lead the account planning function for Fleishman-Hillard’s West region. As the primary planning resource for the West region, this role will work closely with senior leadership across FH: in San Francisco and the region, in our corporate headquarters in St. Louis, as well as with our Global Planning Director in New York.
The Vice President will work with senior management to identify client opportunities within the region to introduce planning as a catalyst for organic growth and/or problem-solving of current client challenges. Initial client responsibility will include developing opportunities with our largest regional clients, including Visa, EA, Autodesk and other to employ planning in major initiatives.
The Vice President will be responsible for uncovering breakthrough customer insights that inspire impactful cross-channel marketing and communications programs, and drive the application of customer insight into the marketing program development process. Additional responsibilities include:
- Working with senior leadership throughout the agency, use Fleishman-Hillard’s account planning model to implement and drive a West region strategic planning process that will strengthen and support the region’s integrated communications solutions.
- Implement the account planning discipline throughout the region by all stakeholders, and build demand for the account planning role by demonstrating impact and building momentum.
- Build the region’s capabilities in planning (personnel, resources, etc.), and train existing employees to utilize planning techniques in their daily work.
- Work with agency management and the Global Planning Director to grow and incorporate cross-practice perspectives into planning.
- Partner with global planning team to further define and develop proprietary strategic tools.
- Partner with other agency departments to ensure insight and strategic thinking is incorporated into all aspects of the agency’s work.
- Win new business and grow organic opportunities by bringing the consumer to the forefront of program creation and inspiring the FH team to work with the consumer in mind.
- Act as a strategic advisor to our clients by representing the consumer throughout the campaign development process, sharing research and insights, as well as testing approaches with target audiences. Ultimately, explain to the client and agency "how and why a consumer will react to [specific] programs and campaigns."
- Provide thought leadership on the various audiences and innovations, including trends, societal and cultural phenomena that contribute to audience engagement with our clients.
- Apply skills and methodologies to create relevant, breakthrough customer insights; lead ideation sessions that will maximize team contributions.
- Optimize the impact of customer insight in the creative/program development process by partnering with creative resources across the network.
- Manage the briefing process with the client and creative teams to insure proper alignment against the critical inputs to strategy.
- Organize information about the consumer and the marketplace from every possible source, including the client and agency data and secondary research.
- Partner with the Research and Analytics group (based in St. Louis) to maximize insights derived from their existing tools and insure key findings applied to development of marketing programs.
- The ideal candidate should have experience in motivating, educating and developing the account planning discipline throughout an organization. In addition, the candidate should have:
- 8+ years working in Strategy or Account planning, including insight generation, strategic platform development and creative brief writing.
- Demonstrated experience developing the account planning discipline across an organization, building demand for account planning, and proven success in bringing account planning to clients and teams who are new to the practice.
- Background in and passion for applying cutting edge qualitative methodology to insight creation.
- Experience in utilizing digital analytics to uncover key insights that lead to powerful strategic platforms.
- Ability to pivot between a quantitative and qualitative mindset to distill data into strategic insights and counsel for the agency team and clients.
- The candidate will have a polished executive presence and the ability to consult confidently and effectively with C-level executives, and proven success in developing these relationships. This individual also will be adept at building strong relationships with other groups throughout the FH network, including creative, research and analytics, and global planning.
- Strong presentation skills with experience leading workshops and facilitating ideation (brainstorm) sessions.
- Solid team leadership experience is necessary, including the ability to work with cross-functional teams. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and Fleishman-Hillard.
- Critical thinker who is constantly looking for ways to evolve the capabilities of the firm.
- Excellent all around communication skills, with a demonstrated flair for creativity.
- Proven ability to prioritize, be assertive, and have a willingness to take ownership is essential to success. This translates to strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to effectively motivate staff and clients.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.