Vice President - Talent Development / Human Resources, New York
FleishmanHillard is a leading global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing communications, social media and creative content. FH delivers on our unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard’s east region has an immediate opening for a seasoned and forward-thinking Vice President, Talent Development. The position will be based in New York and will primarily support the overall talent development needs for the East region (New York, Boston and sister agencies). This role will allow the VP, Talent Development to see the full range of TD programs and impact the complete life-cycle of the employee experience. While this role will be focused on the east region, there is ample opportunity to contribute and drive cross-network best practices for the broader TD function.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Act as a consultant to regional senior leadership on Talent Development issues, identifying and assessing TD needs, recommending opinions or solutions, and working with the leadership team to agree on TD initiatives and follow-up/implementation to impact regional business objectives and agency objectives. Areas of responsibility include:
- Employee Relations and Engagement: proactively suggest best practice programs to instill a high performance culture and improve engagement, and also solve employee issues by acting as an employee and management advocate.
- Performance and Reward: Manage compensation, promotion, and performance review programs, and collaborate with regional and global leaders on talent programs and TD business solutions.
- Learning and Development: recommend development plans for staff, and advance top-notch training programs and toolkits to regional leaders
- Resourcing and Planning: Identify and prepare employee development and staffing plans, and work with the Talent Acquisition team to assess and manage staffing and recruitment needs.
- Culture Builder: Design and develop programs that support the firm and office’s employer of choice ambitions
- 7+ years of related talent development experience – ideally in an agency environment
- A self-starter, a builder and a challenger – always looking for new ways to tackle problems – willing to try things and try them differently when needed
- TD practitioner who is motivated to understand the intricacies of the business and the role talent plays in driving it.
- Experience working closely with all levels and comfortable providing counsel and strategic recommendations.
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality, innate ability to build rapport easily and desire to continuously push the envelope on TD offerings and programs
- Experience creating and executing strategic programs and strategies to drive engagement across levels and geographies
- Collaborative, agile, flexible, and comfortable working in a fast paced, high-demand environment.
About FleishmanHillard New York
FH New York has built its reputation on creating customized, integrated solutions that deliver what our clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. No two companies face exactly the same challenges or opportunities, which is why we believe in carving out the right path for each client rather than reaching into the same bag of tricks. In our experience, the landscape changes too fast to rely on the “tried and tested.” That said, we do learn from experience. We’ve blazed trails for startups and Fortune 10 companies around the world, and each adventure has inspired us – inspired new ideas, new thinking, and new ways of working.
Here at FH New York, we seek early adopters, self-starters, beta testers. Energetic professionals with good instincts, an adventurous spirit and passion for collaboration. Our culture values talented, nimble, creative people who both are exemplary leaders and effective team players.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.