FleishmanHillard Surpasses $2 Million Goal in 70th Anniversary Pro Bono Commitment
Agency Announces Continuation of Global
Social Inclusion Initiative
ST. LOUIS, August 24, 2017 – FleishmanHillard (FH) concluded its 70th anniversary FH4Inclusion initiative having impacted 60 unique organizations and provided nearly $2.2 million in pro bono services. The social inclusion focused program was so successful that it will continue in the company’s 71st year and beyond. “The response of FleishmanHillard employees around the world to our anniversary commitment is among the proudest achievements in our history,” said Lisa Moehlenkamp, chief of staff, FleishmanHillard. “This campaign has given us the opportunity to play an active part in giving a voice to many thousands of people who have been otherwise excluded from communities in which they work and live. Making a direct impact has become a fundamental part of our company, and our commitment to enriching the lives of others will not end with the conclusion of our anniversary year.”
[vimeo id=”230941813″ aspect=”56.25″]
Local office projects supported during the 70th anniversary year included:
- Increasing the funds raised for Promise House, a Dallas non-profit that provides essential support services to at-risk and homeless youth, by 13% YOY. The additional budget will help expand programs for youth in need
- Partnering with Career Ready in London to provide internship opportunities, training and mentoring to secondary school students from lower income families to give them the confidence, skills and networks to achieve their potential. The core program supports more than 4,000 students in the United Kingdom with the aim of opening up the world of work to young people
- Developing a robust communications plan to launch Refugee613’s CommUnity website, aimed at sustaining Ottawa’s progress resettling 25,000 Syrian refugees
- Raising nearly $500,000 for the Asian University for Women to provide scholarships to high-potential young women from disadvantaged communities across the APAC region who would otherwise not have the opportunity to pursue a university education
- Joining Open Hand Atlanta to package and deliver more than 2,000 nutritious meals to the elderly and people who are too ill to leave their homes
- Developing and facilitating NextPrep, a monthly career readiness workshop at McCluer High School, located in Ferguson, Mo., for more than 150 senior students. The program prepared students for their next step, whether college or the workforce
- Devising and implementing a communications program with Lakers, a Dublin-based club for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, to help them tell the story of this unique club and its 310 members
- Raising $500,000, approximately 8% of their 2016 operating budget, for The 519, one of the largest LGBTQ advocacy and support organizations in Canada
- Partnering with New Delhi-based Save The Quest to support 50 orphaned street children on their path to education and better health as a way to achieve their dreams of better lives
“This commitment really resonated with our employees on a personal level,” Moehlenkamp said. “Not only did we provide much needed support for our communities, but our employees found it deeply rewarding. In our recent employee engagement survey, we saw double-digit growth in areas related to the firm’s corporate responsibility activities and employees being aware of the activities the company is taking to be a responsible corporate citizen.”
FH4Inclusion was launched to commemorate FleishmanHillard’s 70th anniversary, with the goal of uniting colleagues across its global network to take action in their own way, toward the singular cause of social inclusion. As a communications company, FH is well-suited to support this cause, with the experience to connect with, and raise awareness and support for, groups of individuals who may be excluded from opportunity or marginalized from society because of race, gender, economic standing or refugee status. The initiative was in addition to the company’s existing pro bono work.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named Agency of the Year at the 2017 North American Excellence Awards; PRWeek’s 2016 Greater China Agency of the Year; PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year and 2014 Asia Pacific Network of the Year; and NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2017. The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, and has more than 80 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and specialist agencies in areas including public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.