FleishmanHillard Elevates Yisi Liu to Head Mainland China Business
Additional Senior Appointments Strengthen Agency’s Position in the APAC Region
SHANGHAI, August 13, 2021: FleishmanHillard today announced a number of senior promotions in China, including Yisi Liu, senior vice president, senior partner and general manager of the firm’s fast-growing Shanghai operations, who has been elevated to managing director China, overseeing all Mainland operations.
Liu joined the agency in 2012 and was appointed general manager of Shanghai operations in 2018. Under his leadership, FleishmanHillard’s Shanghai office has grown every year, including 2020.
“With his deep understanding of China’s corporate and public sectors and track record of superb performance, Yisi’s promotion to managing director China is a natural progression and recognizes his exceptional leadership skills,” said Rachel Catanach, senior partner and president, FleishmanHillard Greater China. “In addition to demonstrable operational abilities, he is a highly sought-after counselor, advising C-suite clients on how to navigate the complex dynamics of China’s evolving business landscape.”
Additional FleishmanHillard leadership appointments that will position the agency for further success and consolidate its senior bench strength include:
- Shijun Ma, senior vice president, partner and head of FleishmanHillard’s Corporate Affairs team in Beijing, has stepped up to general manager, Corporate Affairs in China. A seasoned counsellor and trusted advisor, Ma has won major reputation management remits in the healthcare, sports and logistics industries, building on the agency’s already considerable corporate portfolio in China since rejoining the agency in early 2020.
- Helen Shen, who is based in Guangzhou, has been newly hired as senior vice president and head of FleishmanHillard Greater Bay Area (GBA). Shen is spearheading the agency’s growth in this strategic area, working closely with teams in Shanghai, Beijing and Hong Kong to serve the rapidly expanding opportunities and cater to the agency’s already strong portfolio of GBA clients. Previously general manager of SPRG, Beijing, Shen has also worked for Blue Focus.
- Norman Li, who is based in Beijing, has been promoted to senior vice president and partner, head of Consumer Marketing in China. Li is responsible for orchestrating the development of award-winning creative lifestyle and social commerce campaigns for marquee fashion, FCMG and personal and home care brands in China.
- Michaela Wang, senior vice president, partner and head of Corporate Affairs in Shanghai, will add the role of deputy general manager for the office. Her current portfolio includes clients in the manufacturing, industrial, food and beverage, and financial and professional services sectors.
- Ta Na, chief financial officer for FleishmanHillard China, was named partner in recognition of her long-serving dedication to operational excellence in all aspects of the business.
“These promotions will allow us to capture exciting new growth opportunities and further cement our reputation in the market as a corporate leader and creative powerhouse,” said Liu. “I’m looking forward to partnering with them and the wider leadership team to stoke continuous momentum and help clients drive business success with new offerings and pertinent strategic counsel that addresses the unique needs of the China market.”
In addition to the FleishmanHillard China appointments, Suki Zhao, senior vice president and head of the agency’s Sports and Entertainment practice in the APAC region, has been promoted to head of BlueCurrent Group operations in China. BlueCurrent is a wholly owned sister agency of FleishmanHillard with robust operations in Tokyo, Hong Kong and London. Under Zhao’s leadership and strategic vision, the agency will focus on helping brands targeting China’s next generation with data-driven, culturally focused communications that connect China to the world, and vice versa.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named 2020 Campaign Global PR Agency of the Year, 2019 PRWeek U.S. Outstanding Large Agency; 2019 Holmes Report North America Large Agency of the Year; ICCO Network of the Year – Americas 2017-2020; PRovoke Media Greater China Consultancy of the Year 2020; PRWeek UK Best Places to Work 2020; Human Rights Campaign Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2018-2020; and NAFE’s “Top Companies for Executive Women” 2010-2020. The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, and has 80 offices in more than 30 countries, plus affiliates in 50 countries.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and specialist agencies in areas including public affairs, marketing to women, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,300 public relations professionals in more than 370 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.